Poll tax

SFLKING

Not sure what you mean. We don't have the powers (yet). I doubt it with Smith.

Well the SNP had it in their manifesto in 2007 and consulted on it whilst in government :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: so perhaps they think they could have achieved it.

They then dropped it when it was established that their back of a fag packet economics was not practical and would have cost the country a fortune - of course they blamed their lack of a majority for it and then quietly dropped it from their next manifesto. So years after identifying that the CT had to go and after gaining a majority they have done next to nothing to replace it - perhaps they were busy with something else :unsure2:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the SNP had it in their manifesto in 2007 and consulted on it whilst in government :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: so perhaps they think they could have achieved it.

They then dropped it when it was established that their back of a fag packet economics was not practical and would have cost the country a fortune - of course they blamed their lack of a majority for it and then quietly dropped it from their next manifesto. So years after identifying that the CT had to go and after gaining a majority they have done next to nothing to replace it - perhaps they were busy with something else :unsure2:

Hello dolt. The snp indeed pushed for council tax reform but couldn't get support from the other parties to implement it. Always happy to educate a moron.

Hello dolt. The snp indeed pushed for council tax reform but couldn't get support from the other parties to implement it. Always happy to educate a moron.

Yep Darien Parp.

So what's stopped them in the current parliament ?

So you deny the proposed 3p local income tax would not have raised anything like the amount raised via CT? Really? The SNP didn't just push for reform they were 100% for a local income tax and the other parties didn't implement it cos they realised the economics didn't add up.

So why did they drop it from their next manifesto? they didn't even try to get an electoral mandate for it once the figures had become clear - figures that the SG spent thousands of pounds trying to keep secret. So after almost 8 years in government what have the economic geniuses who thought they could invent a whole new country and a fully functioning economic infrastructure in 18 months come up with by way of a practical replacement - nothing!

Spoken like a Sevco fan FFS.

WHEN?

WHEN they recover?

That's an entitlement complex right there.

Ask the Scottish Tories how it feels to no longer be a big player in Scottish politics.

you can call me many things, I don't care, but I draw the line at being called a "Sevco" fan, that is unforgivable. :-)

Well its 8 years now since the SNP said the CT was unfair and that a local income tax was the way forward; 4 years since it said it would consult with others to produce a fairer system and put it to the people at the next election (not long left now and clearly the tax wasn't as unfair as it had been as it could now stay for almost a decade since they said it was unfair) and yet in an iScot the local income tax was going to be the way ahead.

A Tax in which every earner in the household will be liable for the tax no matter how many are in the property...........................mmmmmmmmmm does that ring any bells ?

Well its 8 years now since the SNP said the CT was unfair and that a local income tax was the way forward; 4 years since it said it would consult with others to produce a fairer system and put it to the people at the next election (not long left now and clearly the tax wasn't as unfair as it had been as it could now stay for almost a decade since they said it was unfair) and yet in an iScot the local income tax was going to be the way ahead.

A Tax in which every earner in the household will be liable for the tax no matter how many are in the property...........................mmmmmmmmmm does that ring any bells ?

The SNP's fault. Are you being serious? Or are you just dumb?

I notice you don't actually disagree with anything I posted.

Tories started it. Don't have the powers to change it. Said that three times now.

That's a load of pish. That's not local income tax, fucking google it.

Tories started it. Don't have the powers to change it. Said that three times now.

They did try to change it to a LIT after the 2007 election but couldn't get it through parliament - maybe someone should have told the SNP they didn't have the powers? and then maybe someone should have told them in 2011 when they promised to put something to the electorate in 2015 that they didn't have the powers?

They did try to change it to a LIT after the 2007 election but couldn't get it through parliament - maybe someone should have told the SNP they didn't have the powers? and then maybe someone should have told them in 2011 when they promised to put something to the electorate in 2015 that they didn't have the powers?

Create a new tax? I'm not sure how that would work. Ask the SNP.

Create a new tax? I'm not sure how that would work. Ask the SNP.

Great, thanks for confirming you have nothing to add - please feel free to exercise this new found self awareness across other threads. You might learn something.

Archived