General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Experience of what?

Of losing?

Of chapping houses and learning how to answer reasonable questions about his suitability for the job because of his lack of experience without resorting to ill-placed arrogance?

Of listening to a reasonable question put to him without hearing the first two words and then blowing his fuse?

Being responsible for constituents problems?

Understanding the potential side effects of legislation?

Your question doesn't make sense.

Whether he's going to make it or not is irrelevant.

Sounds like experience of many things TBH.

Not sure what packing boxes in a factory for the next 20 years (hypothetical job) would provide in way of relevant experience for becoming a lawmaker.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't use the word incapable. I used the word inexperienced.

Honestly every time you open your mouth you make my case for me.

You are not mature enough to be standing for election.

Get your PhD, get a proper job, experience life as a proper adult, grow the f**k up and in a few years time you might be taken more seriously.

You are going to face tougher questions than mine. Are you going to answer them all as Arrogant Twat from Glasgow?

i've done a PhD and a proper job and i can guarantee you'll learn far more in 3 years doing a PhD than the vast majority of 'proper' jobs.

There's an opinion based on experience for you.

Oaksoft's head completely gone, it will take someone with a MINIMUM 40 YEARS of experience in finding missing heads to search for his.

Away from Oaksoft's continuing meltdown, fair play to Ad Lib for standing. It must not be fun knowing that you are going to get utterly humiliated and receive a handful of votes but kudos to him anyway.

Where did I say that it would be relevant experience?

What I said was (and this is the third time I've had to mention it - 40 years old as a MINIMUM REQUIREMENT?

Repeatedly slapping your own head and shouting at the top of your voice really doesn't make you seem any less of a dribbling fool. Quite the opposite.

Experience of what?

Of losing?

Of chapping houses and learning how to answer reasonable questions about his suitability for the job because of his lack of experience without resorting to ill-placed arrogance?

Of listening to a reasonable question put to him without hearing the first two words and then blowing his fuse?

Being responsible for constituents problems?

Understanding the potential side effects of legislation?

Your question doesn't make sense.

Whether he's going to make it or not is irrelevant.

You're thick as f**k. Honestly.

How is that relevant? The fact his family had money doesn't make him a lousy politician.

Oh calm down, calm down.

Are we arguing that age shouldn't make a difference - or that it doesn't make a difference?

Personally I think it should and does make a difference. I'm not for banning anyone from standing and wouldn't be as harsh with the age limit as Oaksoft but I personally would never vote for a candidate under the age of (say) 25. If they're just over that they'll have to do well to persuade me.

Oh calm down, calm down.

Are we arguing that age shouldn't make a difference - or that it doesn't make a difference?

Personally I think it should and does make a difference. I'm not for banning anyone from standing and wouldn't be as harsh with the age limit as Oaksoft but I personally would never vote for a candidate under the age of (say) 25. If they're just over that they'll have to do well to persuade me.

All I was saying was oaksoft's rule of over 40 was ridiculous. There are plenty of capable people younger than that. Apologies if it read harsher than I meant it.

Remember how Labour were accusing the SNP of being right wing because of their corporation tax cutting policy during the referendum campaign? Well, guess what Labours new policy on business taxation is?

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/02/16/labours-new-policies-show-it-has-been-listening/

You really couldn't make this up. I wonder how the Labour drones on here will try and square this circle.

oaksoft, on 16 Feb 2015 - 21:34, said:

Deary me.

Well it's pretty clear that the myriad of young folk on here don't like being told they have to gain experience before being trusted with important work.

Stopped reading at this insulting and patronizing shower of shite.

Archived