General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Good luck Ad Lib.

How many votes did the Lib Dems get in the constituency last time? I'm going to assume at the very least your target will be to improve on that vote.

Also, Can you please wear a t-shirt with Ainsley Harriott t-shirt with the immortal phrase "you seem upset" in the most unlikely even you get elected?

2566911-4995129280-13965.jpg

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easy to be churlish but good on adders I say. Young people being politically aware and even going as far as standing in elections can only be a good thing, imo.

Will give us a bit of fun on election night as well. See who can get closest to guessing his total votes.

It's easy to be churlish but good on adders I say. Young people being politically aware and even going as far as standing in elections can only be a good thing, imo.

Will give us a bit of fun on election night as well. See who can get closest to guessing his total votes.

Agree. Hes just picked the wrong party tho :lol:

Good luck Ad Lib.

How many votes did the Lib Dems get in the constituency last time? I'm going to assume at the very least your target will be to improve on that vote.

Also, Can you please wear a t-shirt with Ainsley Harriott t-shirt with the immortal phrase "you seem upset" in the most unlikely even you get elected?

Last time the Lib Dems got 9.2% of the vote in East Renfrewshire. In the 2011 Holyrood election they secured 2.62% in Eastwood, the closest equivalent.

Good luck to you Ad Lib.

I know many people can't stand some of his rather long winded posts on here but at least he is willing to put himself forward for this.

It could be fun, but will also be a lot of hard work especially when it looks like he has pretty much no chance of winning.

Hey Libby

Would this be a good time to ask you to confirm how you voted in the referendum?

But seriously - well done for having the cojones to stand - especially in such a high profile constituency. I would vote for you. 1, 2

1 If I had a vote in the constituency

2 If the SNP weren't standing

Last time the Lib Dems got 9.2% of the vote in East Renfrewshire. In the 2011 Holyrood election they secured 2.62% in Eastwood, the closest equivalent.

In all seriousness, good luck with it. I assume a kept deposit will be seen as a pretty reasonable result there.

Hey Libby

Would this be a good time to ask you to confirm how you voted in the referendum?

:D

I'm happy to stand by my referendum vote decision. If anything it is ammunition against Murphy.

But seriously - well done for having the cojones to stand - especially in such a high profile constituency. I would vote for you. 1, 2

1 If I had a vote in the constituency

2 If the SNP weren't standing

Thanks for the kind words :)

So now you can all stop pretending that Ad Lib is anything other than a Glasgow uni law PHD student. :)

I'd say it's worse that he's about to become a 'politician' that has a major party possibly lose it's deposit.

I'd say it's worse that he's about to become a 'politician' that has a major party possibly lose it's deposit.

The point is that it literally took me less than two minutes of research to find out that Ad Lib is exactly who he says he is, much to the disgust of some of the more vocal yes guys on here.

The point is that it literally took me less than two minutes of research to find out that Ad Lib is exactly who he says he is, much to the disgust of some of the more vocal yes guys on here.

Not kept up to date with that tbh. My apologies.

There's a very good reason why virtually every single company in the country makes young people start at the bottom of the pile and why people between 35-55 basically run everything important.
They start at the ground floor - whether that be management, law, or cleaning toilets.

At the very least they will not immediately be making the important decisions regarding the company.

When fresh graduates start running banks and large corporations maybe you'll have a point and you can come back to me.

I must have missed the bit where Ad Lib was going to become Prime Minister or Chancellor of the Exchequer if he was elected. What sort of important decisions do backbench MPs make in the House of Commons? There are plenty of non-entities floating about in those roles who basically just turn up, ask the odd question and then do what their party tells them to do in almost every vote.

Anyone under 40 who hasn't had at least a decade working outside politics is a bare minimum requirement for credibility.

Also, what the f**k is this? Obviously your substantial life experience hasn't taught you the very important skill of writing things which actually make sense.

Good luck Ad Lib.

:lol:

And aye, fair play to you, Ad Lib.

Don't understand all the good wishes for Ad Lib. He's standing for a party that has supported a right wing government over the past five years and has defended his party's support of the Tories and their policies.

When challenged about the Lib Dems breaking the key election pledge on tuition fees he was totally dismissive. I hope that he, along with every other Lib Dem, Tory, Labour and UKIP candidate has a totally shit night on May 7th.

Archived