General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could see a good little scenario if things go to plan and we send a large group of SNP MP's to Westminster after the election.

SNP hold balance of power

Labour form the next Westminster government with support from the SNP

SNP win majority in 2016 election

SNP decide to hold #indyref2

Labour government won't grant powers for legal indyref

SNP withdraw support for Labour and threaten vote of no confidence

Labour agree to grant powers to hold legally binding indyref to Scottish parliament

In a Labour/SNP coalition would Sturgeon become deputy Prime Minister the same way that Clegg did?

I don't think it'll be a formal agreement like the Con/Lib one we've got just now. I'd imagine the SNP will buddy them on certain things, refuse to on others.

I can see a minority labour Government to be honest.

To all the Scottish Torys on these forums outwith the border constituencies. Vote SNP to keep labour out, your vote will be pointless under the FPTP sham.... are you listening HB, Reynard, Clarkston5 etc. #VoteSNPtokeepLabourout

SNP are going to romp home in Dundee West anyway, so I may as well cast my first ever GE vote for the party I support instead.

SNP are going to romp home in Dundee West anyway, so I may as well cast my first ever GE vote for the party I support instead.

Good lad.

I live in Glasgow Central, so my household's SNP votes will hopefully help to oust Anas Sarwar 8)

SNP to win EVERY Scottish seat is 5/1. Oh Labour.

Mind a few weeks ago when Murphy said Labour wouldn't lose any seats in Scotland at the GE, and was looking to gain from the Nats and the Lib Dems?

:lol:

Could see a good little scenario if things go to plan and we send a large group of SNP MP's to Westminster after the election.

SNP hold balance of power

Labour form the next Westminster government with support from the SNP

SNP win majority in 2016 election

SNP decide to hold #indyref2

Labour government won't grant powers for legal indyref

SNP withdraw support for Labour and threaten vote of no confidence

Labour agree to grant powers to hold legally binding indyref to Scottish parliament

SNP loose indyref2....

It's still too soon IMO, just get on getting the best deal fit Scotland and see where we are in 10-15 years before demanding another indyref.

I'd like to think nobody in a position of power at the snp is seriously advocating another indyref in the next couple of years, probably just the nuttier element on the ground. Nonsense to think the result would be any different.

I agree with this.... but they could agree a deal to devolve this power to Holyrood.

That's a much better scenario for the SNP. Indyref during the next term would just result in another loss, regardless of what the polls are saying just now.

The particular difficulty Labour have is that any policy likely to increase their popularity in Scotland, decreases their popularity in England.

They are a victim of their own referendum success. Political ideology in Scotland is different to that in England in a large number of key policy areas, this is why home rule is so important to an ever growing number of Scots.

The fear of independence is one thing, there will be nothing like the same fear of an SNP vote for Westminster and 45% weren't feart in the first place.

Put simply, Labour are about to pay the price of not giving one f**k about Scotland for generations.

Archived