General Election 2015

Ludo*1

I also don't think the SNP are doing anything special, just being far more engaging with the public. Labour well they've taken scottish voted for granted now for such a long time, they don't even bother trying.

How often do you see Salmond and Sturgeon out and about, doing the door to door. Something i've never seen Ed do up here

I agree the Labour Party need to up the game considerably but you all need to realise the Tories will get in again and then it's more austerity.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Urban Gorilla, on 06 Feb 2015 - 21:39, said:

I agree the Labour Party need to up the game considerably but you all need to realise the Tories will get in again and then it's more austerity.

Labour pussying out with austerity before, and saying "oh, we had to give in" shows that it's more than possible that it continues with them in charge. That's not a good enough reason. Try again.

If I had to choose between the two by doing the Number 10 test, I'd choose Dave every time tbh. However contemptible he may be he at least he exudes a slight air of competence.

But thankfully I don't, I'll be voting snp and Alex Salmond, and that's what I think I'll get representing me, not Tories or Labour.

Urban Gorilla, on 06 Feb 2015 - 21:44, said:

Ok a Tory government will be better.

I didn't say it'd be better. I don't think it'd be much worse either though. Labour are not a good alternative and can't be trusted as they have shown.

The Tories will be re-elected in England no matter how many seats Labour win in Scotland.

Miliband is a disaster and England is naturally a Tory voting country.

Still bash on and vote for Labour if you think it will make any difference. It won't.

The Tories have admitted its only the beginning with the cuts, they are planning a demolition of the Nhs and the welfare state, but don't worry vote SNP and it'll all be ok. I find it fucking incredible that some on here are willing to trust the Tories with Scotland's future and think it' doesn't matter who's in power. We should have voted yes but but bottled it. Voting SNP now won't change things

The Tories have admitted its only the beginning with the cuts, they are planning a demolition of the Nhs and the welfare state, but don't worry vote SNP and it'll all be ok. I find it fucking incredible that some on here are willing to trust the Tories with Scotland's future and think it' doesn't matter who's in power. We should have voted yes but we bottled it. Voting SNP now won't change things

Urban Gorilla, on 06 Feb 2015 - 21:51, said:

The Tories have admitted its only the beginning with the cuts

I'd say this will be true either way. Certainly Labour have shown before that they are willing to stick with it.

they are planning a demolition of the Nhs and the welfare state

Really? That's interesting. Fancy giving some figures there, and then coming back with the assurances that Labour can give that they can avoid making cuts there?

I find it fucking incredible that some on here are willing to trust the Tories with Scotland's future

I don't. I don't trust Labour either here. Which has been my entire point since you are too thick to quite grasp that.

The Tories have admitted its only the beginning with the cuts, they are planning a demolition of the Nhs and the welfare state, but don't worry vote SNP and it'll all be ok. I find it fucking incredible that some on here are willing to trust the Tories with Scotland's future and think it' doesn't matter who's in power. We should have voted yes but but bottled it. Voting SNP now won't change things

I find it fuckin incredible that u wud vote labour. I was born in springburn and now live in Partick... labour have taken Scotland and particularly Glasgow for a total ride for yrs. I still have family in Springburn and nothing has changed. In fact its got worse.... thanks labour. Labour are a cancer imo and I hope they get a lesson in May. Complete cun*ts

Labour, much like the Tories are fucked up here for a very long time. It's gonna take a "New Labour" revamp to be able to fix it and I can't think of anyone waiting in the wings. Whose capable of fixing it in the short to medium term. They'll probably have to hit rock bottom first. Before they will even start to address it.

More public spending, end to the cuts. More cash to the NHS.

Are you a Tory ?

Bool.

Labour have vowed to continue austerity. They'll sell the NHS off to private pirates too - albeit at a slower pace. Hospitals and school are still counting the cost of PFI. Cuts will continue.

I find it fuckin incredible that u wud vote labour. I was born in springburn and now live in Partick... labour have taken Scotland and particularly Glasgow for a total ride for yrs. I still have family in Springburn and nothing has changed. In fact its got worse.... thanks labour. Labour are a cancer imo and I hope they get a lesson in May. Complete cun*ts

Fair enough with the local politics I'm talking about the people ruling the country. With all due respect you probably were very young when the Tories ruled before New Labour came to power. Believe me it was fucking grim. I had to leave this country to make a decent living. I left school in the late 80s and it was bad. Labour made a huge difference when they got elected. The problem is most on here wont remember this.

Fair enough with the local politics I'm talking about the people ruling the country. With all due respect you probably were very young when the Tories ruled before New Labour came to power. Believe me it was fucking grim. I had to leave this country to make a decent living. I left school in the late 80s and it was bad. Labour made a huge difference when they got elected. The problem is most on here wont remember this.

But thats the past. I do remember the Torys in power and they were a disgrace. But imo the current labour shower r no different from the current tory shower except they are sneakier.. they r blatantly lying under a social agenda... they r not, they need a good kicking and hopefully the SNP will do just that

But thats the past. I do remember the Torys in power and they were a disgrace. But imo the current labour shower r no different from the current tory shower except they are sneakier.. they r blatantly lying under a social agenda... they r not, they need a good kicking and hopefully the SNP will do just that

I just think they are a better alternative than what we have. If the Tories get in again then austerity will continue. I voted Yes in the referendum as I thought it would have been the greatest thing we could have achieved in our lifetime for our country. But the rest voted no. Voting SNP won't change it now. More MP's but we'll end up with a Tory government, probably minority.

I just think they are a better alternative than what we have. If the Tories get in again then austerity will continue. I voted Yes in the referendum as I thought it would have been the greatest thing we could have achieved in our lifetime for our country. But the rest voted no. Voting SNP won't change it now. More MP's but we'll end up with a Tory government, probably minority.

Yes.... but 40 odd SNP MPs in London will result in EVEL due to the seethe south of border. EVEL will lead to full Scottish home rule or better still a rise in english nationalism thus fast tracking independence for our country. Beginning of end of broken britain if we send a huge amount of SNP to London

Archived