Human rights act - a constitutional query

renton

A crime here may not be a crime in their "original" country or the punishment may not be deemed as severe.

Also, I don't believe any nation has an obligation to imprison one of its citizens for potential crimes committed in foreign soil

What about the responsibility of the individual moving to another country to abide by that country's rules and regulations? Why should that country be responsible for them when they break that code? We have to pay for their rehabilitation do we?? I'm sure if you asked law abiding EU citizens who come here and work hard and play by the rules what they thought they'd probably agree with me.

What about the responsibility of the individual moving to another country to abide by that country's rules and regulations? Why should that country be responsible for them when they break that code? We have to pay for their rehabilitation do we?? I'm sure if you asked law abiding EU citizens who come here and work hard and play by the rules what they thought they'd probably agree with me.

If you break the laws within a nation you should be punished in said nation.

You really are a fucking idiot

If you break the laws within a nation you should be punished in said nation.

You really are a fucking idiot

I ignore personal abuse from yellow keyboard warriors like you.

If you break the laws within a nation you have forfeited the right to stay in that nation and that opinion is widely held

This is like asking why nobody gets arrested for murder. The level of ignorance required is quite high.

Wait... what?

This is like asking why nobody gets arrested for murder. The level of ignorance required is quite high.

My apologies but this doesn't make sense

Wait... what?

European countries should be permitted to have an immigration policy based on specific employment needs and if any migrants commit crime they should be automatically deported where possible. Open border policies do not work.

I find the idea of us paying for their rehabilitation quite repulsive. However, it's not a workable solution for them to serve their sentences in their country of origin. I think once they've served their time though, they should be deported.

Our resources are stretched as it is without us keeping ex-cons from other countries housed and looked after. That is as a direct result of Human Rights and all the other European legislation we've had forced upon us.

My apologies but this doesn't make sense

European countries should be permitted to have an immigration policy based on specific employment needs and if any migrants commit crime they should be automatically deported where possible. Open border policies do not work.

I find the idea of us paying for their rehabilitation quite repulsive. However, it's not a workable solution for them to serve their sentences in their country of origin. I think once they've served their time though, they should be deported.

Our resources are stretched as it is without us keeping ex-cons from other countries housed and looked after. That is as a direct result of Human Rights and all the other European legislation we've had forced upon us.

major-misunderstanding-201.jpg

I'd love to answer but I usually respond in a communicative straightforward polite way. Sorry I can't in this instance

The point being that responding to a proposal to repeal the HRA with a lengthy digression about immigration and foreign prisoners reveals quite a lot more about you, than it does about the proposal. It's reminiscent of Major Misunderstanding from Viz, hence the cartoon.

Even the government aren't making strong links between these issues - Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza excepted - and it's their policy in the first place.

The point being that responding to a proposal to repeal the HRA with a lengthy digression about immigration and foreign prisoners reveals quite a lot more about you, than it does about the proposal. It's reminiscent of Major Misunderstanding from Viz, hence the cartoon.

Even the government aren't making strong links between these issues - Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza excepted - and it's their policy in the first place.

It's not a direct response to HRA. It's more a comment on the EU shaping our legislation which I feel strongly about. However I take your point now that you've responded in a coherent and respectful way. Thank you

Archived