Scottish cup upsets

magoo

Good luck all underdogs and fellow league members on sat,it's a weekend when there is a genuine coming together of league supporters in the well wishing of all ll/eos teams. From a whitehill outlook it's the only blot on our history,our poor record against sfl teams.time to get the monkey off our backs and create a bit of history it's been a long wait since the wed night in Coatbridge many moons ago (85 I think) cmon boys let's have Jeff proclaiming a cup shock at 4:45 sat

I think it was 86 or 87 when Whitehill beat Albion Rovers- my mate's brother in law played in the team. Anyway the current team have the players to win so good luck to our old pals at Rosewell.

Yes my sentiments exactly.

Good luck to all the LL teams (bar 1, sorry the e-Kilbies).

Grimbo

P.s. we've done our fair share of upsetting the cup teams.

I think it was 86 or 87 when Whitehill beat Albion Rovers- my mate's brother in law played in the team. Anyway the current team have the players to win so good luck to our old pals at Rosewell.

Who was that ttb.

87 I think tam.

Stevie bickmore defo scored and may have been MacDonald Who scored the other ?

Who wouldve thought 27 odd years later we still looking for a league scalp.

Bring it on mon the welfarrrrrrre !!!!!

Who was that ttb. 87 I think tam. Stevie bickmore defo scored and may have been MacDonald Who scored the other ? Who wouldve thought 27 odd years later we still looking for a league scalp. Bring it on mon the welfarrrrrrre !!!!!

And perhaps a wee unknown by the name of Bernie Slaven scored for Rovers. Tommy Gemmell was the manager at the time and the story goes he came to watch Whitehill vs Strollers? on the Saturday prior. Turned up late, Strollers went goals in front (5-0 maybe???) and Gemmell left 20 minutes from the end, thinking the job was done.

Was Alan OConnor the Whitehill Manager?

Who was that ttb. 87 I think tam. Stevie bickmore defo scored and may have been MacDonald Who scored the other ? Who wouldve thought 27 odd years later we still looking for a league scalp. Bring it on mon the welfarrrrrrre !!!!!

Rab Henderson.

He said Albion Rovers were shite!

And perhaps a wee unknown by the name of Bernie Slaven scored for Rovers. Tommy Gemmell was the manager at the time and story goes he came to watch Whitehill vs Strollers? on the Saturday prior. Turned up late, Strollers went goals in front (5-0 maybe???) and Gemmell left 20 minutes from the end, thinking the job was done.

Was Alan OConnor the Whitehill Manager?

Ha ha like it

I think the management at the time may have been tommy lumsden wi George hall ?

Alan o Connor managed some great ww teams an aw :)

In fact Alan is one of very few managers to have won the eosfl wi 2 different teams.

Archived