weather watch

newcastle broon

Having been in rosewell for most of yesterday and today I can exclusively reveal its no stopped pissin doon.

Al be gutted if this games off as there's a certain national game next Saturday and for obvious reasons the cup tie would be played then.

By way even a draw tomorrow brings a replay on 14th October when wor national team is in Poland.

Ffs club or country yet already paid to the coffers for the national team ??

Mon the welfarrrrrrre !!!!

There will be an update on the condition of the pitch about half 9. Been a very wet day and night ... although the ground was absolutely bone dry no sure if it will have drained away.

Totally agree about Scotland surely any game next Saturday could be moved earlier to allow us to get over to Glasgow?

Newky I was talking about this yesterday. All games should he off on int weekends. The rest of the SPFL are. Afterall we are now part of the 4th tier.

I won't be at Gala next weekend as I will be at the international . I am sure that there will be a significant number like me.

I wonder how many players will suddenly get an injury at home or work this week.

I won't be at Gala next weekend as I will be at the international . I am sure that there will be a significant number like me.

I wonder how many players will suddenly get an injury at home or work this week.

In amateur football maybe but would be really disappointed if players felt that way at this level. Whilst I agree that the games should be off if scotland play on a Saturday, players have signed a (mostly) pro contract and as such should have to get in with it.

thought Gala v gretna was being played on Friday night?

In amateur football maybe but would be really disappointed if players felt that way at this level. Whilst I agree that the games should be off if scotland play on a Saturday, players have signed a (mostly) pro contract and as such should have to get in with it.

Aye your correct it never happens.

As an alternative why can't matches be played on a Sunday after internationals.

Ainslie Park is gleaming as always, remember to leave enough time to get to ours if yours gets the elbow.

Grimbo

Still Saturday 3:00 kick off according to both club websites.
Still raining in Eastriggs are you sure Raydale is still okay,long journey for note if it's off.
Heard the park was "looking good". It has also stopped raining now. I would be very surprised if the ref called it off.

Probably why I haven't ever said it doesn't, just disappointed that it does. Perhaps read it and read again to make sure you understand.

No!! After a half dozen or so readings I still get the same meaning from what you had written as the first time.

However life's too short to argue about whether it s my understand of written English or if it is you being able to express yourself clearly. I'll accept that I am illiterate, I'm an engineer after all.

Meanwhile at Fergie Park....

post-12982-0-69505900-1412422391.jpg

"I'm no sure about today's game lads....."

post-12982-0-14770400-1412422420.jpg

"It's OK- the ref's passed the pitch playable...."

Joking apart I love a mud splattered game- I went to St Roch's v St Anthony's in the West Juniors last year (pictured) and it was a good old fashioned rip roaring match- sliding tackles, mud, goals.

post-12982-0-20984200-1412422636_thumb.j

On the topic of the internationals - clubs can choose to move to different days or times, even in the Scottish Cup (although I think its rules forbid Thursday or Friday matches). It may just be the case barely any of the clubs feel it's worth it? As things stand it seems that Spartans v Preston is 1pm next Saturday but no other HL, LL or EOS games seem to have moved their kickoffs let alone day. In the SPFL there is 1 Championship game gone onto the Friday but it was moved for live TV coverage. Down in League One there are 2 early kick-offs and 1 Friday game. Finally in League 2 only 1 solitary early kick-off. Of course the Juniors always traditionally disregard the Senior internationals.

EDIT: Even in terms of any Scottish Cup replays / reattempts next weekend, virtually all are 3pm next Saturday going by the sheet on the SFA website. Only exceptions are an early kick-off at Clyde v Turriff and a slightly early kick-off (2pm) at Montrose v Arbroath, presumably to see any extra-time finish before the Scotland tie starts. As is usually the case in R2 a few SPFL clubs have persuaded their opponents to hold the replay in midweek, although any East Stirlingshire v Whitehill replay would actually be clashing with Poland v Scotland in any case.

It seems only the SOS League are taking much notice. They've put 5 games on the Friday with the other clubs free.

I imagine there are 2 reasons. Firstly, the international is 5pm not 3pm, so the issue of clashing with TV isn't so relevant: infact teams with social clubs can hope that some supporters will stay behind to watch the qualifier in their bar. Secondly, it will be interesting to see if the qualifier even sells-out given the controversy over high prices, maybe fewer people are even going.

Presumably most clubs mustn't feel the positives outweigh the negatives.

Interestingly, the sheet on the SFA website says any Queen's Park v Gretna replay would - unusually - be Monday 13th October.

So as things stands one or both clubs could play 2 games in 3 days, as neither appear to be playing next Friday?

Archived