Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

The only person discussing their looks is you, and being a complete weirdo where that's concerned.

Well that's not true, is it?

I can't deny he's not aesthetically pleasing, it's just a damn shame he's had to spend thousands of pounds/dollars/euros to get there. Even the wee cutie Leo was just born naturally, cute.

Can we not just agree they're both dreamy as f**k?

He's much more useful defensively than Messi. It's a hypothetical situation which would suit Ronaldo much more as he's a better athlete. It doesn't really add to the debate over who is better or who is better looking though.

This one's easy:

"Messi’s defensive contributions are greater than ever. Messi has 40 tackles this season with a tackle rate of 58.8 percent (high for a striker), compared with Ronaldo’s 10 tackles and 38.5 percent rate. Messi also had 16 interceptions to Ronaldo’s four.5 While defensive stats in soccer are limited, what we do have for Messi was already perfectly adequate for a high-volume striker, and for 2014-15, his “defensive plays made per opponent possession” is now in the upper echelon of his cohort."

Of course, the broader Ronaldo/Messi debate rages on, and in the abstract, I don’t want to take sides. They’re both outrageous outliers who play very different styles, and they’re both so deep in the zone of incomprehensibility that perfect knowledge of their true value is likely impossible:

On the other hand, insofar as we have created statistical metrics to compile and measure our observations, they pretty much side with Messi: He scores more goals, shoots more efficiently, gets more assists, passes more aggressively, passes more accurately, and more.

As much as Messi is trying to sort himself out aesthetically, and succeeding in my opinion, Ronaldo is an absolute ride.

Messi is still better at playing football though.

In summary, I'd rather have Messi in my team, but I'd rather shag Ronaldo.

Edited by MONKMAN

• 4 weeks later...

Anonymous in another final.

Not his fault Argentina were pish

Great run at the end that played Lavezzi in for the pass to Higuains sitter, that goes in everybody would've been bigging him up

Fact is Chile were the better team, one man can't win a game for his team, he was bang average but so were his teammates. Messi takes the blame though as usual

Edited by 1320Lichtie