Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

Messi the best ever :lol: Ask any Argentinian and you'll get the correct, non-biased answer...

maradona.jpg

Anyone who thinks otherwise, is a deluded moron.

Yep, those Argentinians would give you a rational, unbiased opinion on the cult hero figure depicted in that piece of street art as some kind of sea god.

As much as Messi is a wee bitch and one of life's bad guys, Maradona won Argentina a World Cup, would say their opinion is about as biased as you can get.

You've spelt ronaldo wrongly in that post.

I would totally be fine with people calling Maradonna the best ever.

What Messi and Ronaldo have achieved is consistency and longevity, its not automatically the case that either of them are better than others were at their best.

I think Maradonna was comfortably better than Ronaldo at his best, original Ronaldo was too, as was Ronaldinho.

Messi is right up there with them though.

And people who think nobody has ever scored as many goals as those guys need to look at the careers of people like Puskas and Gerd Muller and Di Stefano.

Its so naive to think the best two just now are the best two ever, Messi has a case Ronaldo no chance.

Pele outscored all of them too, and people like Cruyff and Eusebio were on a similar level to Messi.

Its only 19 year old fanboys who think football started ten years ago who think they are easily the two best ever.

As I say Messi has a case Ronaldo doesn't, he is just a great player but every era has them.

It's hard to judge Pele's scoring record at domestic level given large parts of the Brazilian domestic game were and still are no more than regional leagues of an extremely poor standard.

His record at international level is unsurpassed, but he did play in some astounding Brazil teams.

Extremely poor standard? What do you base this on? Do you think the brazilian league now is of poor standard?

From what I have seen of it, and what I have worked out from gambling on it, I would say so.

The state championships are poor and most teams don't take them seriously, and the same goes for the state cups. The national league is of a good standard but where it would stand in relation to the top European leagues I'm not sure. I would suggest it is below the Spain, Germany, England, France and Italy though.

Mental when you look at there is like most of the team playing state football then on the centre stage they destroyed teams.

Maybe more to be said back then of standard of European football? Noted then also many Argentinas team played back home n also gave teams a pumping.

They didn't destroy European teams, not the heavyweights. Their results would suggest they were about on a par with the top European sides of the time.

I don't understand how many goals you score defines anything. When you look at the top five European leagues (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain), and find the player whos scored the most goals in all these leagues, then Jimmy fucking Greaves sits top, with the likes of Delio Onnis and Gordon Hodgson in front of Messi and Ronaldo. Cristiano Ronaldo is ahead of Messi in this list too.

In 4 world cups he played in Brazil won three with England with the other. For a state team thats decent?

1958 World cup - All played in Brazil

1962 world cup - All played in Brazil

1970 world cup All played in Brazil

1958 World cup - Group stage let in no goals scoring 5 goals, 3 against Austria and 2 against Soviet Union

quarters they win 1-0 v Wales, Semis they win 5-2 v France , Final they win 5-2 v Sweden

Who were they on par with in this world cup?

1962 World cup Brazil won 2-0 v mexcio, 0-0 against Czechs and 2-1 v Spain, So letting a goal in and topping group

quarters they win 3-1 v England, semis 4-2 v Chile and then beating the Czechs in the final in a close 3-1 game.

I guess maybe the Czechs were on par with them, any other teams do you suggest?

1970 world cup Brazil beat czechs 4-1, England they beat 1-0 and they beat Romania 3-2, again the state team top the group

quarters they beat peru 4-2, semis uruguay 3-1 and a close game against italy in a 4-1 win

With England winning the world cup in 1966 i see they ran Brazil close a few times, who else was close to these brazil teams? Bearing in mind there players played in a "stateteam" league

We mean the Brazilian state championships. They have a league for each state in the country of Brazil, like a Tayside league and a Strathclyde league.