Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

Both are fantastic players, but you could argue they are in the right place, at the right time to a degree. Maradona was probably as talented as either of them but played in a time where he got the lumps kicked out of him and was paid in premo Colombian cocaine by the Neopolitan Camorra. Also Ronaldo jnr and Messi are surrounded by excellent players in the two biggest clubs in their league. Cruyff and Maradona played when the quality players were spread more equally through la Liga, for example.

I'd love to see his wage slip, or did he use that to biff through?

Sadly Napoli didn't bother with paying tax and stuff so they didn't bother with wage slips. Diego always had to make do :(

post-1545-0-97559800-1418296687_thumb.jp

Both are fantastic players, but you could argue they are in the right place, at the right time to a degree. Maradona was probably as talented as either of them but played in a time where he got the lumps kicked out of him and was paid in premo Colombian cocaine by the Neopolitan Camorra. Also Ronaldo jnr and Messi are surrounded by excellent players in the two biggest clubs in their league. Cruyff and Maradona played when the quality players were spread more equally through la Liga, for example.

The old three foreigners rule would be a bit of a headache for the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona these days.

The old three foreigners rule would be a bit of a headache for the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona these days.

I'd suggest Barca would cope better than any other team in the last 16 of the Champions League. Not that I'm going to the effort of checking them all.

Claudio Bravo (F)

Martin Montoya

Gerard Pique

Marc Bartra

Jordi Alba

Sergio Busquets

Xavi Hernandez

Andres Iniesta

Neymar (F)

Lionel Messi

Luis Suarez (F)

Assuming Messi has Spanish citizenship. If not drop Suarez for Pedro, still not a bad side.

I think you'd struggle to get 8 Spaniards from Madrid:

Casillas

Ramos

Carvajal

Arbeloa

Isco

Illaremendi

Having checked, you can add these two (I've never heard of Nacho).

Jese

Nacho

Bayern would be able to field a pretty strong '3 foreigner' team with their current squad. apart from them and barca, you'd be hard pushed to find anyone else in Europe capable of doing so.

Neuer

Lahm Boeteng Badstuber Alaba (F)

Schweinsteiger Rode

Muller Gotze Robben (F)

Lewandowski (F)

Bayern would be able to field a pretty strong '3 foreigner' team with their current squad. apart from them and barca, you'd be hard pushed to find anyone else in Europe capable of doing so.

Neuer

Lahm Boeteng Badstuber Alaba (F)

Schweinsteiger Rode

Muller Gotze Robben (F)

Lewandowski (F)

Why would Alaba, Robben & Lewandwski be classed as foreign if they're European?

Or am I whooshing myself?

Why would Alaba, Robben & Lewandwski be classed as foreign if they're European?

Or am I whooshing myself?

Youre foreign if youre not from the same country as your club

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...