Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

Video?

Seen it on Facebook.

Basically, Andy Murray's getting interviewed and goes 'aye, so and so will be out celebrating tonight with a girl he's met'

Interviewer goes 'oooh, what's her name'

Other boy 'you've just stuck me right in it Andy as my actual girlfriend will be watching this at home'

Cue Murray bursting into tears of laughter.

• 1 month later...

Ronaldo's a complete narcissist and an ego maniac. He also has a coupon that needs smacked regularly to get that self serving smirk off it.

Messi is a better team player and as a paying customer, I'd much rather watch Messi.

Ronaldo's a complete narcissist and an ego maniac. He also has a coupon that needs smacked regularly to get that self serving smirk off it.

^^^ dripping with handsomeness jealously type post

I don't think its automatically the case they're the two best there's ever been. Messi could well be the best ever, but I don't think Ronaldo is better than anyone else there's ever been.

Whilst Ronaldo is undoubtedly a great footballer and very effective, he's basically the footballing equivalent of German efficiency, all pace, power and stamina, whereas Messi is the Stylish Italian supercar, might not be the most powerful, and might not be the fastest but he's got all the flair.

I just think Messi has that something unbelievably special about him. Watching that goal live last night reminded me why I love football, just have to sit back and enjoy it. Sitting on the sofa just laughing at how good it was.

For me Messi, when fully fit, will always be ahead of Ronaldo. It seems now Ronaldo has become a typical number nine. Not too much involvement in the over all game, feeds of the scraps and takes every chance he gets - which is why his goal scoring record is so incredible. In games that aren't going Madrids way he doesn't seem, from what I've seen in the 6 months, to take the game by the scruff of the neck and decide what direction it's going in. Messi does. There was a big article about it, i think it might have been in FourFourTwo, detailing the 'Important' goals that the two of them had scored and Messi was miles out in front. The number of games his goals had won for Barca was unreal. Ronaldo on the other hand was grabbing hattricks when Madrid were already 2/3-0 up for example. That put things into context for me a little bit.

The debate could go on and on but for me Messi will always be ahead. Seeing him play in the flesh, I have seen Ronaldo twice too, was just something special. The sheer adulation of the Camp Nou when he comes onto the pitch is something I've never seen before.

Whilst Ronaldo is undoubtedly a great footballer and very effective, he's basically the footballing equivalent of German efficiency, all pace, power and stamina, whereas Messi is the Stylish Italian supercar, might not be the most powerful, and might not be the fastest but he's got all the flair.

Totally agree. Messi has a special talent, Ronaldo is a much more conventional player who has made the most of what he's got.

Messi isn't really better than Ronaldo, I think. He's just capable of moments of complete magic which Ronaldo can't match. Nobody else in the world can do what Messi does at the level he does it. Nobody.

Ronaldo is a very good player. Messi is a genius. That's the difference.

I've been watching football since the early eighties and I think a lot of chat about modern football is pure hyperbole but I've never seen a better player than Messi.

I never saw guys like Pele, Cruyff and di Stefano but certainly over the last 40 years or so there has never been a player to match Lionel Messi.

Ronaldo is a very good player. Messi is a genius. That's the difference.

I've been watching football since the early eighties and I think a lot of chat about modern football is pure hyperbole but I've never seen a better player than Messi.

I never saw guys like Pele, Cruyff and di Stefano but certainly over the last 40 years or so there has never been a player to match Lionel Messi.

:huh:

:lol:

Ach he's just a poor man's Jim Baxter ;)

For anyone who hasn't seen it the highlights are here:

https://vimeo.com/127108840

The second goal? Cheeky as f**k.