The Apprentice Series 10

meanmistermustard

I thought Daniels idea was excellent btw. As someone who has recently organised both a wedding and a birthday party, being able to do the full thing online interactively as he described sounds excellent. In the past people said that nobody would want to do online food or clothes shopping and look how popular it had become.

I agree. Just because you book dates and check stuff out online doesn't mean you'd have to lose the personal touch. You could still go and check out the venue in person.

As someone else said, it was pretty unfair to focus on weddings. There's plenty of other parties and events that could quite easily be booked online.

Rubbish interviews episode though, worst ever. Other than Solomon nobody really got torn apart and Ricky was a waste of space.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daniel improved so much once he got to grips with things. Think Sugar knew he had something about him even when his PM kept taking him into the boardroom every time they lost a task. I actually think sometimes Sugar was like 'Nah, there's no way Daniel's going and you're staying m8'.

Bianca going to get through despite being terrible throughout the process simply because her business idea is good? Emphasises the flaw in the current format if so.

She's not been remotely terrible throughout the process. She's generally done pretty well. She made one absolutely honking error in the Westminster exclusivity cock up in the boardgame task but otherwise she's been quietly effective. She dodged a bullet that week having been in the winning team. She clearly has the best plan by miles and should win as long as Sugar doesn't decide he doesn't personally want involved in the women's hosiery industry. Mark's plan will be more familiar to him personally.

Anyway, whilst I'd have preferred Daniel through to Mark it was a fairly easy decision to make post-interviews. Roisin and Solomon had to go, Gervinho had to go through. Then it was all about Mark v Daniel for the other spot.

I'm still struggling to understand Bianca's "revolutionary" hosiery idea- is it just tights for black women?

My wife understood it. Basically different coloured tights based on the woman's skin colour. I.e if a pasty white scottish lass wanted skin coloured tights the closest she would be able to get are those sort of yellowy 'skin' coloured ones that you can currently get.

I assume the idea is that she wants to be able to manufacture different skin coloured tights so that it will almost look like the woman isn't actually wearing any tights at all. A fashion thing basically

I'm not an aficionado on the subject but I thought tights already came in different colours. Bianca's idea, oohed and aahed at by Lord Sugar and his cronies, appears to be just to make more colours!

Perhaps I'll get a better understanding of it when she launches the product in the final.

Everyone who's ever created a new player on FIFA knows that people only come in 5 skin tones.

If women want to keep their untrousered legs warm while looking like they're bare, why doesn't someone cut out the middle man and invent see-through tights?

Everyone who's ever created a new player on FIFA knows that people only come in 5 skin tones.

If women want to keep their untrousered legs warm while looking like they're bare, why doesn't someone cut out the middle man and invent see-through tights?

Both good and valid points.

Bitches, eh?! Mental.

:lol:

Superb

I agree. Just because you book dates and check stuff out online doesn't mean you'd have to lose the personal touch. You could still go and check out the venue in person.

As someone else said, it was pretty unfair to focus on weddings. There's plenty of other parties and events that could quite easily be booked online.

I think that is where it fell down, though. If it was a piece of software/service that would let venues design their own online ordering, booking etc. then maybe it could work.

From my experience, bearing in mind the building in which I worked was pretty ancient, but in that place there were rooms where food was not allowed; if the client wanted hot food then the adjacent room had to be booked because the kitchens were too far off; there were problems with booking certain adjacent rooms because the corridors had to be kept free for fire safety and exits; disabled access / disabled toilets was a problem with about 1/3 of the rooms; there would also be pressure on events coords to organise different events on the same night eg. wedding reception / conference dinner / meeting so there would be need to be communication between different events and only some of these could be catered because of limited kitchen and refridgeration space. Not least, who would be responsible / how many staff required for putting out tables, chairs, ornaments etc. and have oversight of the whole thing from start to finish.

An online system would be fairly redundant because anyone could type in whatever they wanted, but would still have to turn up at a venue to be told that this, that, and these would have to be compromised.

My wife understood it. Basically different coloured tights based on the woman's skin colour. I.e if a pasty white scottish lass wanted skin coloured tights the closest she would be able to get are those sort of yellowy 'skin' coloured ones that you can currently get.

I assume the idea is that she wants to be able to manufacture different skin coloured tights so that it will almost look like the woman isn't actually wearing any tights at all. A fashion thing basically

I got the same talking to last night from Mrs ScotlandGer when I thought it was just about different colours. Apparently, this is a pretty big deal for the women-folk. She is pretty convinced Bianca is on to a winner here.

I think that is where it fell down, though. If it was a piece of software/service that would let venues design their own online ordering, booking etc. then maybe it could work.

From my experience, bearing in mind the building in which I worked was pretty ancient, but in that place there were rooms where food was not allowed; if the client wanted hot food then the adjacent room had to be booked because the kitchens were too far off; there were problems with booking certain adjacent rooms because the corridors had to be kept free for fire safety and exits; disabled access / disabled toilets was a problem with about 1/3 of the rooms; there would also be pressure on events coords to organise different events on the same night eg. wedding reception / conference dinner / meeting so there would be need to be communication between different events and only some of these could be catered because of limited kitchen and refridgeration space. Not least, who would be responsible / how many staff required for putting out tables, chairs, ornaments etc. and have oversight of the whole thing from start to finish.

An online system would be fairly redundant because anyone could type in whatever they wanted, but would still have to turn up at a venue to be told that this, that, and these would have to be compromised.

I got the same talking to last night from Mrs ScotlandGer when I thought it was just about different colours. Apparently, this is a pretty big deal for the women-folk. She is pretty convinced Bianca is on to a winner here.

Well, not really. A lot of that could be programmed into the system. I dont think his idea was designed to replace the function management, just allowing customers to book different elements online.

If I was getting married and could go to one website to check out everything from cars and flowers to venues and catering, plus check their availability for particular dates, I'd love it. It wouldnt stop me going and checking the important things out in person though.

Well, not really. A lot of that could be programmed into the system. I dont think his idea was designed to replace the function management, just allowing customers to book different elements online.

If I was getting married and could go to one website to check out everything from cars and flowers to venues and catering, plus check their availability for particular dates, I'd love it. It wouldnt stop me going and checking the important things out in person though.

Surely, though, that is where the idea falls down.

If we are looking at a centralised website for events, the difficulties in setting up a large event means such a website would be fairly redundant because any request would need to be double-checked next to the specificities of a particular venue. Such as those in my above post.

It would also be such a complicated process online for an event in, for example, Edinburgh, that you would just end up having to discuss through your requests with an events coordinator who could advise of catering, room availability, car drop-off points, staff availabilty for dropping off eg. flowers, access for setting up rooms/halls, DJ access, and who could then organise deliveries and pick-ups etc and staff. Never mind, take responsibility for the overall delivery of the event.

It might work for small venues for small events and be highly localised to specific venues, in which case there's little scope for making money from a lot of online traffic.

Fairwell to the man with a thousand facial expressions! Can't believe he's 70! It would suggest that Sugar isn't finished with The Apprentice. After this years debacle regarding the firings, I really can't say I'll be overexcited when it comes back tbh.

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-12-18/nick-hewer-to-leave-the-apprentice-after-a-decade-of-service/

Nick Hewer Replacement Official Odds

Margaret Mountford 3/2

Claude Littner 2/1

Ricky Martin 3/1

Paul Kemsley 5/1

Katie Hopkins 7/1

Tre Azam 10/1

Terry Venables 25/1

Donald Trump 50/1

Sergei Prokofiev 1000/1

Archived