Rangers v Raith Rovers

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who decides on the MOTM at Ibrox...Nicky Law got it again. Did they mistake him for Kenny Miller who did OK but Law had another quiet game and would not have been in my top 5 for MOTM!

Who decides on the MOTM at Ibrox...Nicky Law got it again. Did they mistake him for Kenny Miller who did OK but Law had another quiet game and would not have been in my top 5 for MOTM!

Law Man of the Match no chance!! McGregor for me.

Thankfully I decided not to go yesterday but please can our fans STOP MAKING EXCUSES for Ross Laidlaw.He is 22!!!.At 22 players are regularly featuring f for their countries and many have won champions leagues, Major trophies and playing internationally. He is not young he is just not good enough.

Your taking the actual piss. Clap clap clap.

I'm just realistic. Look at our record at Ibrox over the last 80 years. Anyone changing their mind on murray on the basis of a defeat at ibrox, no matter how heavy, is daft. The sack murray stuff is utterly tedious.

The one good thing about yesterday was that the Rovers crowd was down to the bare bones and missing all the whiners and moaners. Despite the defeat there was no booing of players or tedious over reaction to mistakes that we get at Starks. Unfortunately that will all be back next week. Fucking boo...

I'm just realistic. Look at our record at Ibrox over the last 80 years. Anyone changing their mind on murray on the basis of a defeat at ibrox, no matter how heavy, is daft. The sack murray stuff is utterly tedious.

The one good thing about yesterday was that the Rovers crowd was down to the bare bones and missing all the whiners and moaners. Despite the defeat there was no booing of players or tedious over reaction to mistakes that we get at Starks. Unfortunately that will all be back next week. Fucking boo...

1 home win in 5 this season. No goals scored at all in the first half at home this season. Is it any wonder there is negativity amongst the home crowd? Maybe if we actually started a game well the atmosphere would be a bit different.

1 home win in 5 this season. No goals scored at all in the first half at home this season. Is it any wonder there is negativity amongst the home crowd? Maybe if we actually started a game well the atmosphere would be a bit different.

The home record is shite this season but it's a chicken and egg situation. I suspect a lot of it is nothing to do with how we start games. There are folk on here who have us beat before a ball is kicked and you get the feeling are looking for the first mistake to have a moan.

Anyway it makes no odds as a football season is about your home and away record and when they are combined we are doing ok. We're in a division with three sides with vastly superior supports and squads. They will finish one, two and three in the division and Hearts and Rangers are routinely handing out skelpings to the rest of us. Against the rest we have lost one game which was by one goal scored in the 94th minute. Anyone with some reasonable sense of perspective should see that as at best a good start to the season and at worst just ok. Yet reading Rovers fans posts on here you'd think we were a club in absolute crisis. I just don't get this drama queen we're doomed mentality.

We're starting to sound like Old Firm fans with the amount of hand wringing we do over poor performances. We got skelped at Ibrox. It's not unusual. Even in the glory years with our best ever squad we only managed one 2-2 draw at Ibrox. The rest were all 3 or 4 goal skelpings

McGregor has been one of our best players this season and should keep his place at the back.

C'mon Bennett. You know Ally will have him at right back as soon as he can get big Moshni back. That is if he even starts McGregor at all. Foster was poor defensively yesterday so maybe Kenny Clipboard will be pushing for him to get a run of games. You know the score...we never field our strongest XI and certainly never in their proper positions.

McGregor, Jig, McLeod,Miller,Wallace and possibly even Aird were all far better than Law yesterday.

We're starting to sound like Old Firm fans with the amount of hand wringing we do over poor performances. We got skelped at Ibrox. It's not unusual. Even in the glory years with our best ever squad we only managed one 2-2 draw at Ibrox. The rest were all 3 or 4 goal skelpings

You cannot be comparing Rangers then to Rangers now.

Rangers have been beaten twice at Ibrox this season already. Part-time Alloa have drawn with them. QoTS twice had the lead at Ibrox. Falkirk put up a good show and were very unlucky to lose at home. Livi went down 1-0. We've been humped 4-0 and 6-1. It's not unreasonable to ask why.

I actually think our tactics were a little better yesterday than in previous games. We gave away as soft an opener as you'll see, acquitted ourselves well for half an hour, fell asleep and let in another, played well for twenty minutes and got a goal... but then fell to bits. Completely fell apart, and if Rangers wanted they could've scored eight or nine. Just like the home game. Why does it happen to us, and us alone?

Maybe not against Rangers, but other teams equal to ourselves have been pumped by the bigger 3 clubs in this division as well. Check out yesterday's results for an example. Falkirk getting beat 3-0 by Queens also looks like a bit of a pumping as well.

Missing Nade was a big issue for us. We really need that player that can hold onto the ball long enough o bring our other players into the attack.

The only joy we got yesterday was from Grant Anderson getting in behind the full back but again we just couldn't get bodies forward enough to cause any real issues.

Seen as I poked fun at the crowd trouble before the game its only right that I echo the other comments and say that other than the usual heckling yesterdays game was actually alright. Despite the big scoreline I thought the Rangers crowd was quite sedate, certainly a noticeable difference from the crowd and atmosphere that was brought to Starks Park. Will certainly make the next trip.

Good performance by Rangers overall and a deserved win.

Hard luck Raith who had some good play at times particularly from their left-winger.

That must be a joke. Conroy's( 14) our left winger and that was his quietest/worst game in a rovers shirt for us.

But then again, he was very rarely, in his position yesterday, he was always standing in the centre of the park whereas Anderson (7) was our right winger yesterday, and he was covering Both sides himself, and done a great job of it I thought. Him and Jimmy Scott, the scorer, were the only 2 players that got pass marks yesterday.

All of the Back 4 and even more so Laidlaw had probably their worst games in rovers shirts, to date. Not one of them decided to turn up, gave Rangers far too much time on the ball, it showed with Boyds' goal, which we let him get as many touches he needed to get his shot away on the edge of the box.

It was also baffling that with Hill on the bench, meaning he must be fit to get game time now, that when ellis went off about the 85th minute injured, he decided to bring Perry on instead of Dougie. He better not be favouring Perry over Hill. I actually thought we had seen the last of Perry when he got injured a month ago...I'm disappointed that I was wrong.

One man has to lose his position for next weeks game, for me. That's Laidlaw or Murray, I'll let him decide which one.

You cannot be comparing Rangers then to Rangers now.

Rangers have been beaten twice at Ibrox this season already. Part-time Alloa have drawn with them. QoTS twice had the lead at Ibrox. Falkirk put up a good show and were very unlucky to lose at home. Livi went down 1-0. We've been humped 4-0 and 6-1. It's not unreasonable to ask why.

I actually think our tactics were a little better yesterday than in previous games. We gave away as soft an opener as you'll see, acquitted ourselves well for half an hour, fell asleep and let in another, played well for twenty minutes and got a goal... but then fell to bits. Completely fell apart, and if Rangers wanted they could've scored eight or nine. Just like the home game. Why does it happen to us, and us alone?

I'm not comparing Rangers then to Rangers now in the same way I'm not comparing Rovers now to Rovers now. The reality is that even in their dishevelled state there remains a huge gulf between the clubs resources and when we are away from home then a 4 goal defeat is the norm. I'd rather we had competed better in both games against them and Hearts but it's not the cataclysmic result people are portraying it as.

The bottom line remains that in the games outside Hearts and Rangers (who will be first and second in league miles ahead of anyone else) then we have lost one game all season - a one goal defeat to an unlucky deflection in the 94th minute. Falkirk, Dumbarton, Livingston, Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Hibs have all failed to beat us. So while the 4-0 and 6-1 humpings to the best two teams in the league are sore ones they arent the results to judge the team or Murray on.

I suspect theres a huge gulf between celtic and most of the SPL clubs resources to hamiltons

didnt for one minute expect to beat the rangers or hearts for that matter but expected us to make a decent fist of it.irrespective of our league position our performances outwith 20 minutes here and there have been pretty dire to watch but hey ho its results that will keep murray in his job

That must be a joke. Conroy's( 14) our left winger and that was his quietest/worst game in a rovers shirt for us.

But then again, he was very rarely, in his position yesterday, he was always standing in the centre of the park whereas Anderson (7) was our right winger yesterday, and he was covering Both sides himself, and done a great job of it I thought. Him and Jimmy Scott, the scorer, were the only 2 players that got pass marks yesterday.

All of the Back 4 and even more so Laidlaw had probably their worst games in rovers shirts, to date. Not one of them decided to turn up, gave Rangers far too much time on the ball, it showed with Boyds' goal, which we let him get as many touches he needed to get his shot away on the edge of the box.

It was also baffling that with Hill on the bench, meaning he must be fit to get game time now, that when ellis went off about the 85th minute injured, he decided to bring Perry on instead of Dougie. He better not be favouring Perry over Hill. I actually thought we had seen the last of Perry when he got injured a month ago...I'm disappointed that I was wrong.

One man has to lose his position for next weeks game, for me. That's Laidlaw or Murray, I'll let him decide which one.

Anderson played most of the second half on the left wing

Theres a lot of good rangers fans but plenty of fucking arseholes which unfortunately tar their support.Anyone who takes a flag of a young lad outside the ground when there is 4 to 1 is in the 2nd category.Unless we get the flag back then this wont be forgotten.So if anyone out there knows what to our fifes finest flag then by all means pm me and we can sort something regarding getting it back.Oh by the way our defence is shite.

Theres a lot of good rangers fans but plenty of fucking arseholes which unfortunately tar their support.Anyone who takes a flag of a young lad outside the ground when there is 4 to 1 is in the 2nd category.Unless we get the flag back then this wont be forgotten.So if anyone out there knows what to our fifes finest flag then by all means pm me and we can sort something regarding getting it back.Oh by the way our defence is shite.

Out of order if true but the highlighted part makes you look like a wannabe gangster lol

Archived