Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its nearly sold out i'd expect the Green from the Emerald Island are coming over in mass and probably dilutes the ''home'' advantage we could have had.

Realistic I don't expect them to have that many in the home sections to make a difference

Scottish Football Association president Campbell Ogilvie has confirmed Scotland's European Qualifier against the Republic of Ireland has 'virtually sold out'.

The revelation comes amid a clamour for tickets from Irish supporters desperate to see the Group D clash at Celtic Park on November 14.

"Basically we are now working with just hundreds of tickets at the moment and they are restricted-view areas."

Campbell Ogilvie

The Republic of Ireland fans traditionally travel in huge numbers to matches throughout the world but the SFA has offered just 3,209 tickets, UEFA's 'percentage requirement', for the match.

Over 10,000 supporters are expected to make the journey to Glasgow with many believed to have tickets for sections of the ground designated for home fans.

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ after conducting the Scottish Cup fourth round draw, Ogilvie said: "Where we are at the moment is the game is almost a sell-out.

UEFA rules

"Basically we are now working with just hundreds of tickets at the moment and they are restricted-view areas.

"There is no other tickets we can issue to the Republic of Ireland. There is no blocks of tickets we can do that with.

"At the outset, we gave them the percentage requirement through the UEFA rules and there is no room for manoeuvre there."

"There is no other tickets we can issue to the Republic of Ireland. There is no blocks of tickets we can do that with."

Campbell Ogilvie

Asked what plans the SFA had should up to 10,000 Irish fans descend on Parkhead, Ogilvie added: "We'll manage the situation.

"There are two things here. There is a possibility that some Irish fans have bought tickets in some of the areas of the ground and we will work with the authorities to make sure there is no issues on that basis.

"I'd like to think we have supporters from both teams who can come to a game together. When we go abroad it's not unusual for our supporters to be scattered around the stadium and there are no problems there so I would to see that transmitted back here for the Republic game.

"I understand where they are coming from but, in your words (addressing a member of the media), there is no wriggle room."

^ when I bought mine as part of the members sale the place was greyed out already near enough, now I know tickets have been released since then but every time I've looked they've been tiny batches of RV seats.

We took 30k to france for a midweek qualifier and had fans all over PSGs stadium. This will be bugger all

We will take more than the irish over to dublin no doubt about it

If its nearly sold out i'd expect the Green from the Emerald Island are coming over in mass and probably dilutes the ''home'' advantage we could have had.

What every ireland bring over to glasgow you can bet your mortgage we will bring more to dublin.

The odd ireland fan in the home end as fine and there will never be any trouble between us. England on the other hand would be out of the question

My tickets came firing through the door the other day. Surprised as I can't remember actively selecting delivery, and was annoyed at myself thinking I'd have to collect on the day. Great stuff. I'm assuming since I've bought them before they've just remembered that I want them delivered.

Given the carry on when booking tickets with lots of us missing the postage option, will they actually need ID for collection of the tickets ?

PS when I pointed out that I'd missed the postage option they confirmed that many others had too and they would review the process for next time.

Daft question... but where is the best place for pre-match boozing?

Living south of the wall for the past 25 years I'm far from a regular on the 'mean' streets of Glasgow.

Getting the train up from England and arriving in Glasgow at 2pm... so plenty of time to sink a few pre match in the City centre before heading up to the pubs near the ground.

The last Scotland game I was at (except the Wembley game) was the Serbia 0-0 at Hampden and I ended up on Sauchihall Street. Missed the last train home and ended up on the mega bus... far from mega!

Daft question... but where is the best place for pre-match boozing?

Living south of the wall for the past 25 years I'm far from a regular on the 'mean' streets of Glasgow.

Getting the train up from England and arriving in Glasgow at 2pm... so plenty of time to sink a few pre match in the City centre before heading up to the pubs near the ground.

The last Scotland game I was at (except the Wembley game) was the Serbia 0-0 at Hampden and I ended up on Sauchihall Street. Missed the last train home and ended up on the mega bus... far from mega!

You'd probably be best just sticking to the city centre and getting a train, taxi, walk to the ground

Hopefully the SFA, police, stewards and fans can work as one, and manage the crowd.

If you hear and irish voice, see a flash a green, or smell a bin dipper - get onto the authorities pronto and get them booted out of our end of the ground.

No excuses.

Hear an Irish accent or see a flash of green? are you serious?!

As long as they aren't causing any bother then it shouldn't be a problem.

Hear an Irish accent or see a flash of green? are you serious?!

As long as they aren't causing any bother then it shouldn't be a problem.

The home end is the home end.

They get 3000 fans in the away end.

Lets make certain they don't make it 3001

c***s.

Edited by Murray Mints

Thank f**k the Germans, French etc don't share your knuckle dragging attitude.

France are not in our group.

Why do you think its fair on a hard working Scotland fan to miss the game because some wee scrote selling hookie gear has managed to fleece the system (in more ways than one) and bag himself a ticket to the game?

I'd expect a Celtic/Rangers fan to be given the same treatment if they tried to buy for the "other" end in the cup semi.

Its normal practise - which, imo, you are intentionally trying to play dim.