Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tempted to just think f**k it and buy a few tickets for this, even if they are absolutely robbing everyone :(

The ones left on the website are for North Stand upper. I've not been to Celtic Park, guessing this would be high in the clouds?

As you might guess 'upper' means it's the top tier. Depends what row you're in - North stand upper towards the front of the tier,near the halfway line is one of my favourite places to sit, but doubt any of those are available.

ETA - If you go on the Celtic website and pretend you are buying tickets you'll be able to see exactly where the seat is and get a representative view.

Edited by The OP

When the wee guys say 'Watch your car mister?' say 'Aye' if you are fond of your tyres.

Surely the 'Watch your car mister" thing must have died out? I know it was true when I went to Ibrox/Hampden in the late 60s/70s but not now?

Mind you I do remember standing on 4 empty beer tins at both venues to get a better view.

Surely the 'Watch your car mister" thing must have died out? I know it was true when I went to Ibrox/Hampden in the late 60s/70s but not now?

Mind you I do remember standing on 4 empty beer tins at both venues to get a better view.

No they still do it in Parkhead and the surrounding areas, although I generally get the train or walk to games.

There is a good bit to park at in a wee private estate where you climb over a wall and you're pretty near the ground, but I don't want every c**t knowing about that one.

Edited by The OP

As you might guess 'upper' means it's the top tier. Depends what row you're in - North stand upper towards the front of the tier,near the halfway line is one of my favourite places to sit, but doubt any of those are available.

ETA - If you go on the Celtic website and pretend you are buying tickets you'll be able to see exactly where the seat is and get a representative view.

Cheers!

So tempted to just think f**k it and buy a few tickets for this, even if they are absolutely robbing everyone :(

The ones left on the website are for North Stand upper. I've not been to Celtic Park, guessing this would be high in the clouds?

Sure it won't be bad, I've had tickets right near the back in Dortmund, Wembley and Poland and my views still been superb. These grounds don't have daft running tracks around them so if anything I've found the views better than Hampden. Parking at my family's place in Carntyne but I imagine the nearby retail park would be fine aswell if you get there early enough.

post-14721-14155671714016_thumb.jpgpost-14721-14155671880895_thumb.jpgpost-14721-14155672125654_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1320Lichtie