Realistic number of SNP MPs after 2015 General Election.

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So labour and conservatives will both be in the high 200s and the snp about 50 "election won" is it.

Scottish Labour and Scottish Tories (as they advertise and promote themselves) won't have high 200 MPs as we don't have that many seats in Scotland

6 months ago I thought 12-15 seats would be a great result.

Now, I am predicting 45-47; Labour no more than 3,000 majority in any of their remaining seats.

This piece from Coatbridge is quite interesting : Tom Clarke, who these days resembles a member of the East German politbureau shortly before the wall came down, really struggling to hold what was once the safest seat anywhere.

Good to see, as soon as any questions were asked it was 'move along now, nothing to see here, the man said he's voting Labour'. A total unwillingness from Clarke to acknowledge that his party has completely changed and for the worse. Looked like people were just agreeing with him because it was on camera and didn't want to embarass him.

6 months ago I thought 12-15 seats would be a great result.

Now, I am predicting 45-47; Labour no more than 3,000 majority in any of their remaining seats.

This piece from Coatbridge is quite interesting : Tom Clarke, who these days resembles a member of the East German politbureau shortly before the wall came down, really struggling to hold what was once the safest seat anywhere.

It's funny he says the working class people of coatbridge have more in common with Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol, London..... but despite being in the middle of a big fucking St.Patrick's day celebration he fails to mention the once place most of them would probably identify with.

Dublin

Yes and these 59 seats are part of the uk election its not seperate so no you dont win the election.

Scottish Labour, Scottish Tories and Scottish Lib Dems are not standing across the UK either champ

I take it you don't read the Killie Standard then, just to put Ayr's naked chicked impaled in genetalia lifestyle into context.

I've been away for long enough that, on the odd occasion I get a look at the Standard, it's a whole new generation of specimens populating the court reports and district news. It's just not the same when you don't know the personalities - or when you can no longer connect the family to the habitual offence or "eccentric" characteristic.

I still think there will be some 'bottle merchants' from the ex-Slab ranks who may revert back 'just in case' Dave gets back in.

45 seats would be a nice number to go with the 45% from September!

I still think there will be some 'bottle merchants' from the ex-Slab ranks who may revert back 'just in case' Dave gets back in.

45 seats would be a nice number to go with the 45% from September!

55 seats would be ironically beautiful.

Wings are reporting that the Scottish Sun (I know) are showing that the bookies odds suggest:

47 SNP

9 Labour

2 Tories

1 LibDems

I could live with this, though less than 50 now seems a disappointment somehow.

Murphy predicted to keep his seat, but the Alexander Brothers go. Pleasing.

Wings are reporting that the Scottish Sun (I know) are showing that the bookies odds suggest:

47 SNP

9 Labour

2 Tories

1 LibDems

I could live with this, though less than 50 now seems a disappointment somehow.

Murphy predicted to keep his seat, but the Alexander Brothers go. Pleasing.

They have the SNP losing in West Dumbartonshire, which is obviously a yes voting area, and East Renfreshire, where Ashcroft has the SNP 9 points ahead. Possibly Glasgow South West too, where the SNP had 57% of the vote according to another Ashcroft poll!

Other than those though, I actually thought it looked like a fairly accurate representation of what was going on.

SNP are odds on in Renfrewshire East, Edinburgh South, Glasgow South West, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, Motherwell and West Dunbartonshire, the bookies must be throwing away cash.

Archived