Dece Party Conference 2014

Taylor Swift is fantastic and anyone who doesn't agree is probably a member of the FUN Party.

Pfft. Pretty obvs that you haven't seem me dancing to 'Love Song' in the Fir Park Social Club.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are dece opinions on the following artists:

Taylor Swift

Ed Sheeran

James Blunt

Rebecca Black

Miley Cyrus

Billy Joel

T. Swift. So, so dece. A qual bird and the creator of some of the best pop songs of recent years. We Are Never Getting Back Together, I Knew You Were Trouble, 22, Red and of course the decest of them all, Shake It Off. So peng m9. I was out on a BNO in #newzealand and someone asked the fellas what our guilty pleasure was, every single one said T. Swift. No guilt from me though.

Ed Sheeran. I know nothing about him as a guy, but his music is fucking shite. It's for people who think they like indie music cos they listen to a guy with a half sized guitar. My hunch is that he's a beige guy with a beige face from some beige place, but I really don't know.

James Blunt. The guy makes shite music and he knows it, and he's loving every minute of it. He really is some boi, he sits on an apex of deceness.

Rebecca Black. An example of the way mindless stupidity is force fed to us, we all get 1% more stupid every time we hear something like Friday I think. That said as she was extremely young at the time (14?) I think she was an innocent prop rather than someone trying to force hatefully shite nonsense on humanity. She brought out a normal pop song years later which took the piss out of herself called Saturday, after no doubt getting dogs abuse since her early teens I say fair play to her.

Miley Cyrus. Most of us went through a stage in our early teens when we had an utterly horrendous taste in everything and were blissfully unaware of what gimps we were. Now imagine that when you go for a night out in an American football shirt despite being Scottish you don't get utterly panned off everyone, but you get an army of people praising your look as millions of people worldwide fawn over you. Folk like her and Justin Beiber never stood a chance of becoming normal human beings.

Billy Joel. Emm, don't really have an opinion m9.

How can you adore Taylor Swift and then go on to say Ed Sheeran is shite? Both are absolute horse shit. Taylor swift especially has a dreadful voice. Sheeran sang the song at the end of The Hobbit 2 so that made me think he was a tiny bit sound. Miniscule.

How can you adore Taylor Swift and then go on to say Ed Sheeran is shite? Both are absolute horse shit. Taylor swift especially has a dreadful voice. Sheeran sang the song at the end of The Hobbit 2 so that made me think he was a tiny bit sound. Miniscule.

You like Beady Eye so don't be offended when your opinion isn't seen as valuable.

Ed Sheeran is bland as f**k and liked by people that have no opinions or originality whatsoever. The human equivalent to rice.

T. Swift on the other hand is just oustanding tbqh.

Sorry m8E I can't agree. I think you're thinking down the line that they're both as mainstream as each other, I don't care about that stuff. People turn their nose up at how mainstream stuff is and then think they're being ironic 20 years later by saying they like the same stuff, you need to just be honest and like what you like ITCMFMO.

The difference between Swift and Sheeran (and this is all subjective of course) is that her songs are catchy, and a catchy pop song is an under-rated art form IMO. I feel sorry for people who can't enjoy dat euphoric feel of enjoying some cheesy gold with their mates in the pub/club because they're too proud. IMO Sheeran is just fucking boring, I feel nothing when I hear his music, nothing.

All so fucking #DECE apart from E.Sheeran. He is so #DOSS it's unreal. Just look at the way he dresses. I can't believe he's even been mentioned here. I'm actually a bit offended.

Clearly doesn't drink #DECEbombs or MD either.

I'm only posting this here as the election threads are now locked.

Using surveymonkey was a disasterous idea and was always going to lead to multiple voting and the like and it has been a pretty shambolic way to end a good election campaign from all parties.

I've enjoyed being a part of it and think the party members (who actually contributed) of all parties deserve credit with coming up with some good ideas.

I'm only posting this here as the election threads are now locked.

Using surveymonkey was a disasterous idea and was always going to lead to multiple voting and the like and it has been a pretty shambolic way to end a good election campaign from all parties.

I've enjoyed being a part of it and think the party members (who actually contributed) of all parties deserve credit with coming up with some good ideas.

And the same to you Fudge. Thanks all.

A bit annoying if we win and we get discredited because someone has registered some proxy thing to ping out votes all over the gaff.

We've talked in our PM thread and it's clearly none of us beys.

ETA: Oh and indeed, good work from all who got into the elecrtion.

A bit annoying if we win and we get discredited because someone has registered some proxy thing to ping out votes all over the gaff.

We've talked in our PM thread and it's clearly none of us beys.

ETA: Oh and indeed, good work from all who got into the elecrtion.

David's obviously caught it, so if you guys do still win, it'll be fair and square. Good luck to all.

Archived