Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian, 26/10/2014

I am. The analogy offered earlier was that football fans over the age of 10 thinking they're responsible for their team because a player said so, is the same as gig goers who actually get excited when the act butters their arse in case they need to roll back into town after another £40 per skull. I randomly chose Milton Keynes as a dreary shite place that nobody would actually care about playing.

You posted some tweets, so I posted some from someone who has played Madison Square Gardens cheesing about the audience in the Milton fucking Keynes. It really is the exact same thing. Startling naivety on display tbh.

Is unfortunately the correct answer :lol:

It's a terrible analogy.

If it was 2 bands playing on the same night, in competition with each other, and MK was one of the bands home venue where they played 50% of their gigs at in front of an almost identical crowd every time, then you might have a point.

But that's not even remotely close to how live gigs work now is it?

Shocking analogy.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Fucking hell.

Ryan McGowan = succesful RB in Edinburgh derbies

Michael Hart, David Van Zanten, Darren McCormack = shite RBs in Edinburgh derbies.

If you actually think Ryan has absorbed the wins from some etheral quality brewing in the stands, you need to seek advice.

No, he's had it drummed into him from the coaching staff at the club. Hearts the club have had it drummed into them from the fans they must not lose the derby.

He is making the point that that is what happens at Hearts when you sign with them. He points out that doesn't appear to be the case at Hibs.

I'm really trying my hardest to be polite here, but he's wrote it all in simple english, read it again, twice if you have to.

Btw can I just say, as goalpost shifting goes, a Hearts fan coming out with the words "Hearts have only been marginally more successful" is right up there :lol:

If one of us posted those words Paulo would be copy and pasting Wikipedia articles again and Greggy would probably self combust.

It's a terrible analogy.

If it was 2 bands playing on the same night, in competition with each other, and MK was one of the bands home venue where they played 50% of their gigs at in front of an almost identical crowd every time, then you might have a point.

But that's not even remotely close to how live gigs work now is it?

Shocking analogy.

I don't think you know what the word analogy means tbh.

Btw can I just say, as goalpost shifting goes, a Hearts fan coming out with the words "Hearts have only been marginally more successful" is right up there :lol:

If one of us posted those words Paulo would be copy and pasting Wikipedia articles again and Greggy would probably self combust.

I don't think you know what the word analogy means tbh.

In football in general I meant, of course we have rattled you dry plenty more times in the derby for it not to be 'marginally more succesful'

I do know what it means and I still think it was a poor analogy.

But to try and make it a good analogy, what makes you think he didn't have a good show? Because of the venue? I've been involved in live music long enough to know it's the fans that make the gigs, rarely the venue. So more likely he was telling the truth that it was, in his eyes, a 'beautiful show'.

So, in an attempt to make sense of your analogy, it probably did more to counter your argument that prove it.

And I'm talking about generally, based on experience of reading someone literally say words to that effect and it resulting in mass hysteria, statistics, honours lists being posted etc to prove how much more successful Hearts are.

Trying to justify the psychobabble "drumming it intae the boys111!!!" pish by posting something that you'd probably lose your nut if I said is goalpost shifting.

Maybe that night in MK was truly magical but every gig I've ever been at has included the same chat at the end. I'll play the odds and presume there's some bullshit going on. Footballers do it too I'm afraid.

:lol: and you're calling me a dumbass?

I don't hate hearts. They are our rivals but I would rather save my hate for glory hunting bigots.

Cheers.

RIVAL - a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

"he has no serious rival for the job"

synonyms: competitor, opponent, contestant, contender, challenger; More

I posted last week using "rivals" to describe Hibs, I am however incorrect as the only part in the Oxford Dictionary relating to Hibs is "opponent" so after some research the words "bitches" and "object of laughter" are more appropriate I now know ... John says 1-4 to the Hearts with ease.

The results were quite similar until Hearts were freefalling in late 70's so Mercer came in and invested a shitload of money.

Money, better players, wins, confidence, arrogance.

Lean spell for Hibs wins with hearts dominating in 80s til mid 90's with even more investment from the board

Money, better players, wins, confidence, arrogance.

Hibs had slightly upper hand for few years around the millennium with Frank Sauzee never actually losing a derby as a player. Hearts didn't like this so were fortunate in getting more investment from the board (this time Romanov)

Repeat of wins, confidence etc

Now both clubs are skint but Hibs have a mentality of being physically abused for 30 years results wise so in other words "shite it" in Derbys.
On the other hand, what remains for Hearts is that arrogance and belief needed on derby day.

Plus Hibs self-inflicted many derbies with goalies that belong in the circus.

Considering throughout our history Hearts have only been marginally more succesful thatn hibs, I don't think it's really got much to do with the quality players as we have both roughly had the same standard of players.

The mentality of the fans at Hearts has translated through to the club, which has tranlsated through to the players.

What mentality is that? Sitting on your arses quiet as mice until Nicholson scores a wonder goal and then the scarf twirling commences.

Hearts greatest achievement is how successfully you've peddled the myth that Tynecastle is some kind of cauldron. Apart from pre-match and when you score it's not that much different from any other small ground.

Your away fans are dece tho

It was rocking every time we paraded the big cup there. Those are our greatest achievements. Hibs are being financially prudent and having the most empty seats every home game! I know which most people would take every time too. We have a winning mentality and overflowing with confidence, goals coming from every area of the team and pace Hibs can only dream of! My mentality is also confidence for next weeks Derby against a poor Hibs team known for bottling it in front of their venomous fans! We should take 3 stands and let you just about fill the one, then your stadium would seem fuller even after the 4th goes in and the Hibs fan exit as standard ... Can't wait for this one... You confident yourself?

I reckon a draw would do as it's the start of a theoretically tough run of games with Raith at home then Falkirk away before we welcome the delightful, dignified Rangers support to Tynie on the 22nd of November.

Any updates on Sow's hamstring strain?

I don't know about Sow.

A point would be decent, it is a huge game for them. They need the points more than us and that is why I think they will take something from it.

If Hearts can get the Hibs supporters to turn on their own players by taking the lead and dominating possession this could turn out to be a walk in the park.

My only slight concern is that we have never been behind at any point in any league game so far this season. If Hibs do take the lead, it will be interesting to see how we react.

Hold on a sec, you actually thought I genuinely brought a tin of beans to the last derby?

Oh my.

:lol::lol::lol:

This gets better and better.

Are you saying you also believe the standard player to fan arse rimming that happens at every club is genuine? Even if Robertson wasn't just sooking away at the sycophantic Gorgie tit, how would he know what it's like to play a derby for the Hearts fans compared to the Hibs fans? If he did, how would the idea of us not having the same ambition match the other idea that we never learn and all that stuff?

Engage your brain Gregory FFS. :lol:

Every player that joins Hibs always says in their first interview how huge a club we are and all that shite. I can obviously sleep well knowing how huge we are regardless of the result, cos Dylan McGeough said so.

Think he means hearts fans turn up to derbies expecting a win and the players know this, hibs fans turn up hoping for a win...difference

What mentality is that? Sitting on your arses quiet as mice until Nicholson scores a wonder goal and then the scarf twirling commences.

Hearts greatest achievement is how successfully you've peddled the myth that Tynecastle is some kind of cauldron. Apart from pre-match and when you score it's not that much different from any other small ground.

Pure warrior poetry.

Archived