The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

Sitting here in front of the fire listening to Radio Ulster - regular updates of fallen trees all over the country. It would appear that any events scheduled for this evening - mainly harvest festivals by the sound of things - have been cancelled.

Some church has cancelled their prayer meeting - oh they of little faith!

Schools in RoI are all closed tomorrow, too.

Just announced there that all schools closed tomorrow in Northern Ireland, too.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update on schools closures

Hope it razes Hampden to the ground, then they'd have to rebuild it.

Storm just about cleared here in Limerick. Some really intense gusts over 100 mph, but by the time it reaches Scotland don't think it will do much damage. Experienced worse winds to be honest. No real rain either which I found strange plus it was warm. I was out a couple of times at its worst with only a t-shirt and shorts. A few big branches down around the hospital but that was about it.

25 minutes ago, cowden0 said:

Storm just about cleared here in Limerick. Some really intense gusts over 100 mph, but by the time it reaches Scotland don't think it will do much damage. Experienced worse winds to be honest. No real rain either which I found strange plus it was warm. I was out a couple of times at its worst with only a t-shirt and shorts. A few big branches down around the hospital but that was about it.

When do you get out now?