Super Ayr v Brechin

Not sure there will be a reaction to be honest, the players yesterday came out before the game with their heads down. Alot of them looked like they didn't want to be there at all. Would be very surprised if there is change in mentality for the Alloa game.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with BRECHIN4791 , even after that poor result I still believe that we can go and play against alloa and get the win. The reaction from the players is vital and if we can react next week then I have no doubts that the team is capable of a win.

Additionally, we outclassed Morton when we beat them the week before the forementioned Airdrie debacle. Glad it's not just us in bi-polar form.

If I can just remind the pitch-fork wielding mob outside Markos office, we are still third in the table. If you'd offered third place at this stage before the season kicked off, the vast majority of Ayr fans would've bitten your hand off.

I'm not part of this strange mob you speak of, but you are wrong about the biting of hands for where we are. I'd much rather be 5th at this stage, having actually shown some actual form at home and, in any home defeats, at least have competed properly. I'd have bitten hands for a 3rd place finish at the end of the season but I'd like to have seen so much more from this talented bunch of players up until now.

We'll be 5th on Tuesday night, no where near good enough!!! Sad seeing the cheeky chap melting into his dug-out on Saturday, where was the instruction, coaching, encouragement ?

No where to be seen when the chips are down but, oh when we're winning he's out clowning around with the linesman and opposition players.

Wheres those 2 older coaches who took the 20s to that final last year? are they away.

We'll be 5th on Tuesday night, no where near good enough!!! Sad seeing the cheeky chap melting into his dug-out on Saturday, where was the instruction, coaching, encouragement ? No where to be seen when the chips are down but, oh when we're winning he's out clowning around with the linesman and opposition players. Wheres those 2 older coaches who took the 20s to that final last year? are they away.

When the players arent capable of passing to each other no amount of shouting from the sidelines can change that

No you picked me up wrong Jose. I didnt say shouting. But aye never thought of that. Who picks the team and who coaches them at training? wonder if they do passing drills. Oh well if your teams not passing to one another i suppose theres not much you can do eh haha. You thought about doing your badges ?

The thing is, though, they are capable so what's going on - particularly at home?

Are they set up correctly? Motivated? Do they have a gameplan? The Stranraer game was the worst I had seen for a long time but yesterday seems to have been worse. We should still be top of the league and the reason we aren't is because the manager is a clueless shite-bag.

No you picked me up wrong Jose. I didnt say shouting. But aye never thought of that. Who picks the team and who coaches them at training? wonder if they do passing drills. Oh well if your teams not passing to one another i suppose theres not much you can do eh haha. You thought about doing your badges ?

Of course they do , they were doing passing drills during the warm up

every player had an off day, I have been one of Marko's biggest critics on here during his time in charge but for Saturday that one is all the players for me , and mostly Campbell and Murphy

The players seem to be having a lot of these "off days" you speak of.

Listen, the bottom line is that Roberts is no manager. That much was screamingly obvious two years ago. We can spin things any which way and claim he's a young boss learning his trade, but that's him into his third year and the same basic mistakes are being made.

If we punted him tomorrow, would he have a chance of getting another job in Scottish football? Of course not. So why are we putting up with this dross?

Because Lachlan is asleep at the wheel. He's just praying he's sold up before he has to make the inevitable move and put everyone out their misery.

The players seem to be having a lot of these "off days" you speak of.

Listen, the bottom line is that Roberts is no manager. That much was screamingly obvious two years ago. We can spin things any which way and claim he's a young boss learning his trade, but that's him into his third year and the same basic mistakes are being made.

If we punted him tomorrow, would he have a chance of getting another job in Scottish football? Of course not. So why are we putting up with this dross?

Because Lachlan is asleep at the wheel. He's just praying he's sold up before he has to make the inevitable move and put everyone out their misery.

We are playing fine away from home

maybe its just the players getting away from the roasters in the Somerset road end and their poisonous atmosphere and all their shrieking.

We are playing fine away from home

maybe its just the players getting away from the roasters in the Somerset road end and their poisonous atmosphere and all their shrieking.

As excuse go, that's almost as laughable as our lack of tactics.

I've been 3 home games this season and yet to see ayr win. It's been pretty poor and I was close to typing up a massive rant calling for Roberts instant dismissal last night but I've calmed down now and decided how the next home game should pan out...

2.59pm: The players run out to mild applause with AC/DC back in black playing as usual...suddenly the music cuts out and BORN IN THE USA blasts out as Lachlan storms down the tunnel and grabs the mic sensationally sacking Roberts on the spot and announces himself as the new manager (everyone knows except Roberts cos it was in Tuesdays Advertiser so it's funny as f**k)

3.00pm: the game kicks off as usual

As excuse go, that's almost as laughable as our lack of tactics.

To be honest I get exactly what Derek means. At home the atmosphere is similar to a morgue at the best of times with outbreaks of abuse everytimes a pass is misplaced from the first kick of the ball, Away games we make a bit of noise and show support for every ball from kick off and the confidence in the players shows.

I've never seen an Ayr team lacking as much confidence as on Saturday, over the past few seasons and I include Reid's final year the atmosphere has slowly but surely eroded at home.

To be honest I get exactly what Derek means. At home the atmosphere is similar to a morgue at the best of times with outbreaks of abuse everytimes a pass is misplaced from the first kick of the ball, Away games we make a bit of noise and show support for every ball from kick off and the confidence in the players shows.

I've never seen an Ayr team lacking as much confidence as on Saturday, over the past few seasons and I include Reid's final year the atmosphere has slowly but surely eroded at home.

I have to say I don't and never have agreed with this.

People over-estimate how critical our fans are, and the impact this has on players. By all accounts the team was garbage on Saturday. What were the supporters supposed to do for the first eight minutes to ensure Brechin didn't go a goal up?

Same with the Stranraer game, which was awful. What were the fans supposed to do there? I agree you shouldn't abuse your own players, but I don't think it happens at Somerset to the extent that the team simply can't play there and are then magic away. They should have come out on Saturday confident from the win at Cappielow but it appears they offer3ed nothing right from the start.

The presence of a few shouty men standing behind a goal doesn't suddenly mean you can't complete the simplest of 5 yard passes. Peterhead don't exactly play in front of a cauldron of noise every week, but they still bent us over and showed us the status quo.

I attach the blame for Saturday solely at the feet of the players, who should be ashamed of the fact that people paid £15 to watch that. One thing I will blame Roberts for is the fact that Dale Shirkie remains our first substitute when we need goals. Jesus effing...

Archived