Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Any Raith fans coming through early have loads of pub options, 11 along the High Street plus the Rose club. The bowling club ( behind the West Port hotel) is another good option. If you want to remain alcohol free a walk around the loch will take 40 mins and will waken you up or a visit to Linlithgow Palace for the culturally inclined. The High Street is always busy on a Saturday. Any Tartan Army will know of Andy Chung and he is playing at the Platform 3 on Saturday night. I think this is as far as we will go but looking forward to the game and once its over we can focus on the trophies we can win.

Here is what is on in Linlithgow on Saturday ( it looks like there is a book festival on )

Sat 01/11/2014 Strenuous walk of 15km (9.5 miles) 08:00 The Cross, Linlithgow Ken MacLeod -1.30 pm Masonic Hall, The Cross, Linlithgow Poetry Writing Workshop -10.30 am Mel Gray Centre, Canal Basin, Linlithgow Una McCormack and Dr Who -12.30pm Masonic Hall, The Cross, Linlithgow The Great Tapestry of Scotland -2.00pm Masonic Hall, The Cross, Linlithgow Kirsty Wark -2.30 pm Masonic Hall, The Cross, Linlithgow Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers 2pm Prestonfield Doug Johnstone & Helen Fitzgerald -3.45pm Masonic Hall, The Cross, Linlithgow Bonfire & Fireworks Night -4pm doors open, 6pm last entry Hopetoun House Ruth Nicol -7.30 pm Masonic Hall, The Cross, Linlithgow Fright Night 7.30pm & 9pm Linlithgow Palace Oxfam Folk Night 7:30 - 10:30 pm Linlithgow Academy Town Fireworks Display 7pm to 8-30pm Linlithgow Rugby Club Open Mic -9.00pm Masonic Hall, The Cross, Linlithgow Louise Hopkins Exhibition 9am - 5pm Linlithgow Burgh Halls

please take note.this is what happens when you tan the duty free in one sitting. :blink:

I went to the Linlithgow v Deveronvale cup tie last year and thought it was fantastic. Great wee ground with the covered terrace creating a really good atmosphere. Should be good tomorrow. Great day out for Raith fans btw. Some great pubs on the Main Street and a cracking atmosphere at the ground. I would definately go along if Clyde weren't playing at Spartans.

One half of my family is from Linlithgow, so really looking forward to this one. Surely can only be better than the last few games.

I really hope the squad can bag a few goals cause it looks as if motivation and confidence is low. Might be a decent opportunity to try a few of the kids (at LB perhaps?)...one can only hope.

5-2 Rovers!

If Murray continues to go with his idiotic 4-5-1 defence based formation with defenders who can't defend, a lone striker who's about 5ft and gets long balls to his head with a midfield that doesnt support, this will be horrible to watch ...

Defence wise we are horrendous, the worst in a while, so the Rose will score - upfront we are hampered for goals as its a 1 man attack with 0 midfielders to help so we probably struggle to score, itll be 1 or at a push 2.

Not feeling as confident for this game as I should be, neither are a few other Raith lads by the looks of it, especially now Watson has put the curse on us with that comment ....

I reckon we can come out on top, but it'll be in scrappy fashion, fall behind early, 1-1 at ht and a goal in the last 15 giving us a 2-1 win, another crappy performance with a "first and foremost we won the game" interview here we come haha !

Much as I agree that the 4-5-1 is woeful, injuries have somewhat enforced it recently. Hopefully we'll get Elliot or Nade back for this one.

Personally I don't see why we couldn't go 4-4-2 with Stewart & Vaughen upfront, especially Vs clubs that we should be beating ! Both scored when they where paired together Vs Cowdung if I recall right :P Curious for today's team now ....

Personally I don't see why we couldn't go 4-4-2 with Stewart & Vaughen upfront, especially Vs clubs that we should be beating ! Both scored when they where paired together Vs Cowdung if I recall right :P Curious for today's team now ....

Elliot is back and is starting. :thumsup2

Archived