St Mirren V Ross County 25/10/14

HT 1-1

Scoreline flatters County I feel. We have been the better side.

The goal we conceded was from a corner and was poor defensively, although i thought it could have been a foul. It was similar to a goal we had chopped off from a corner 10 minutes prior.

Our goal was a cross from a left and a nice header home from the goal machine, Adam Drury.

Could go either way, but I predicted 2-1 Saints pre match and i remain happy with that.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full time 2-2.

On balance, score was about right. We made it 2-2 and you're thinking, go on and win it now. We were just hopeless for the rest of the game and could have lost it.

Graham Carey, what a game he had. His dead balls were causing us no end of troubles. I said when he was here his dead balls were the best in the country and I stand by that. He scored one and set up the other for County today.

That's daylight between us and the bottom 2, so not all bad I guess.

Full time 2-2.

On balance, score was about right. We made it 2-2 and you're thinking, go on and win it now. We were just hopeless for the rest of the game and could have lost it.

Graham Carey, what a game he had. His dead balls were causing us no end of troubles. I said when he was here his dead balls were the best in the country and I stand by that. He scored one and set up the other for County today.

Having watched him for a season and a half now almost, no chance is Carey the best dead-baller in the country. There's a reason we haven't scored as many FK's since we replaced Vigurs with Carey. Carey's good, but he's no Vigurs.

Full time 2-2.

Day light 1 fucking point get a fucking grip .

Having watched him for a season and a half now almost, no chance is Carey the best dead-baller in the country. There's a reason we haven't scored as many FK's since we replaced Vigurs with Carey. Carey's good, but he's no Vigurs.

Well he was great in that area for us, and he was great for you today.

Miss the Sellick game?

From memory we have scored more goals than St J, Ross Co, and Motherwell. We were 11th in the goal scoring stakes last season, so we have improved in that regard.

I missed the Celtic and Dundee United home games. Don't think I've missed an away match yet fortunately.

Not good enough. Tommy Craig seems like a decent guy, which is why he should do the decent thing and resign.

Neither side deserved to win and pretty easy to see why we're both down at the bottom. Felt in the first half County were there for the taking - yet at that point they were beating us, which probably sums up our problems. Some nice passing moves but some duff defending and horrendous set pieces. County showed how it's done - scored from their first corner and almost scored from their second!

A result that does no one any favours really.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I've seen the footage and Gardyne is onside for the goal that would have made it 2-0. Can only assume whoever was up with him was deemed to be interfering with play.

I missed the Celtic and Dundee United home games. Don't think I've missed an away match yet fortunately.

Not good enough. Tommy Craig seems like a decent guy, which is why he should do the decent thing and resign.

Disagree with that wholeheartedly.

It's been poor this season, at home especially. However there are green shoots there, and we have been unlucky with injuries.

The minimum expected of Tommy - and of any Saints manager - is to keep us in the league. After the first round of fixtures, he's on course to do that.

Talk of him resigning is absolutely ridiculous IMO.

Came away fairly happy with a point but want to see that Midge 'offside' goal again!

Jackson Irvine, Carey and Quinn all had good games.

Jervis, Jesus Christ.

Good to see Dingwall and Ross on the bench, does this signal the end of the Dutch experiment?

It's funny how people can see the game so differently. It was after Carey scored that I turned round to my mate and said 'is that Graham Carey?' has he had done nothing of note up to that point.

It's funny how people can see the game so differently. It was after Carey scored that I turned round to my mate and said 'is that Graham Carey?' has he had done nothing of note up to that point.

Apart from set up the first?

Neither side deserved to win and pretty easy to see why we're both down at the bottom. Felt in the first half County were there for the taking - yet at that point they were beating us, which probably sums up our problems. Some nice passing moves but some duff defending and horrendous set pieces. County showed how it's done - scored from their first corner and almost scored from their second!
A result that does no one any favours really.
EDIT: Forgot to add, I've seen the footage and Gardyne is onside for the goal that would have made it 2-0. Can only assume whoever was up with him was deemed to be interfering with play.

Two poor teams, playing pretty woefully. Ross County marginally better, didn't create much but when they did they looked dangerous.

My initial impression of the offside goal was that Arquin was onside (for once!) and Gardyne was off- I was delighted when Gardyne took it! If that is different on the reply then I'd have got the call wrong too!

Craig is just the wrong choice and our signings have been awful. Kello needs dropped too as he is woefully off form. Such a choir going to home games now, fed up with it!

Entertaining game today but all the usual problems for Saints. An out of form goalkeeper, panicky defending, lack of creativity and dig in midfield and no reliable strikers up front.

We started the game well on top but conceded another cheap goal from a set-piece. In fairness, I thought the wide midfielders bombed forward and made a great effort to get involved, so it was good to see them both get a goal. I was particularly pleased for Tesselaar, I thought he was our best player by far today and he took the goal really well. Goodwin and McAusland were incredibly nervy in the second half. Ball put himself about but he looked hesitant every time a half-chance came up. Reilly loves to get a tackle in but his passing is really erratic. McLean had a quiet game and McGinn couldn't catch a break, he even put two consecutive corners straight out of the park. We didn't seem to make much effort to go for the winner late on, County looked the better team for the last ten minutes.

I don't think County played very well. Paul Quinn looked really solid at the back and Arquin had a few nice touches. I was almost in line with the disallowed goal and Gardyne looked well onside, maybe Arquin was judged to be interfering but it looked a rotten decision.

It's not looking likely but I really hope Tommy Craig is on the way out. He is out of his depth as manager and the squad he's put together seriously lacks quality and depth.

Such a choir going to home games now, fed up with it!

That'll be the incredible signing section then. We need to appreciate them just now before they get banned for noise pollution.

Don't agree with that at all, he had some good set-pieces and took his goal well but he was pretty much anonymous for most of the game. There's no way he's the best set-piece taker in the country either, I don't think he's even in the top ten! He's incredibly inconsistent with themand I'm sure he didn't manage to score one in his last season and a half with us. I think you're forgetting the several hundred free kicks he put into the stand from good positions. A lot of our support seemed to have a massive hard-on for Carey though even when he was massively unfit and playing very poorly.

Don't agree with that at all, he had some good set-pieces and took his goal well but he was pretty much anonymous for most of the game. There's no way he's the best set-piece taker in the country either, I don't think he's even in the top ten! He's incredibly inconsistent with themand I'm sure he didn't manage to score one in his last season and a half with us. I think you're forgetting the several hundred free kicks he put into the stand from good positions. A lot of our support seemed to have a massive hard-on for Carey though even when he was massively unfit and playing very poorly.

He doesn't do anything in live play really, and he never has. His dead ball delivery from corners and free kicks caused us chaos all day, and their first goal came from his delivery.

Interesting you don't rate him in the top ten in the country from a dead ball. What 10 players do you have ahead of him?

I remember him scoring a stunner at Ibrox for us from 30 yards. I think he got two more from free kicks, but I can't recall the opponent and date off hand.

ETA: You did predict the lowest home crowd for us for 5 years pre match.

How did that go?

Archived