mark roberts

ayr

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without the injury problems we'd have probably have won the game today

we'd probably have given a more decent performance against Alloa also, not saying we'd have won, but probably not have been pumped

today can't be blamed on Roberts, neither could Tuesday

Regardless, It aint working Marko, next up its Forfar and Dunfermline, 6 points from 6 is the only way to redeem any sort of backing from the fans with or without injuries, The current record is already bad and can not afford to get worse for your career and the club

Just over 700 today, The first time in 30 years the 5 guys I go with have ALL said that they aren't going because of recent performances.....even through Shanks, Conner, Watt & the 2 Rabs at least 1-2 went.

Defeats in the next two games could see crowds of 300 soon, We could all have a whip round to pay for a camera crew to turn up at the San Somerseto, Its the only way to get Cameron into the country lately

Injuries are fair enough i accept that, he signed McKinlay injury prone Bobo nothing else to say, Devlin/Murphy is unlucky the guy has to go and sharp while we still have a club!!

Another league place down superb!

Is Marko really a Killie fan?

Assembled a good team?? Donnelly no one wanted, Slane a waster, McKinlay a thug, Gilmour lol, McLaughlin centre half centre mid pish at both, Campbell WOW

Aye no a bad team that's without mentioning Hutton couldn't catch the cold.

Elgin awaits

And the band played "Believe Me If You Like..."

Enjoy the collective meltdown over your, useless, horrible football club, while we point and laugh at you from the summit.

output_TdJ8Cb_zpswmbatika.gif

This man will win you promotion......I'm sure of it, he has a proven track record of being an excellent manager, you are lucky to have him, honestly, you are....you have every right to be smug.....Duffy is the manpost-4285-0-36560300-1416133557_thumb.jp

Lachlan will do nothing. Out of sight, out of mind. Roberts will be on the blower to LA spinning some tale about us being immense in the second half. That will buy him the Forfar game. Our best hope is to suffer a pasting there and then surely something must happen.

Sacking Mark Roberts right now won't solve all of the ills at the club at the moment. Obviously that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it, but attendances aren't suddenly going to spike just because we'll have a new manager. The current team will still be mid-table mediocrity and we won't be looking at promotion or relegation come the end of the season, just as we are now.

Mark Roberts is responsible for assembling such a poor squad when being tasked with promotion and should be binned as a result, but this season is pretty much a write-off already. Getting rid of him now probably wouldn't change much in the short term, and Ayr fans generally seem too impatient to wait for things to get better. People need to be a bit more realistic about what sacking him right now will actually achieve in the context of this season.

Not so sure about that. A spine of Murphy, McGovern and Beattie is the best in the league from where I'm sitting. Roberts' problem is he cannot get the best out of players and his tactics are not only stifling the team, they're driving fans away.

Get the distinct impression the players love him as a boss because he still pisses around like one of the lads - but as a result they have very little respect for him. Been that way since day one of his tenure with three separate squads.

Isn't it amazing how Ayr have got worse since going full time? I wish I could enjoy their failure more but we are so awful ourselves this season all my laughter is taken up by Dunfermlines massively failing attempt to win the league. I guess the extra training session with Mark Roberts has made the team worse. Much like Jimmy Boyle I think he'd be an OK coach beside a good manager but on their own they are clueless in every managerial area.

Isn't it amazing how Ayr have got worse since going full time? I wish I could enjoy their failure more but we are so awful ourselves this season all my laughter is taken up by Dunfermlines massively failing attempt to win the league. I guess the extra training session with Mark Roberts has made the team worse. Much like Jimmy Boyle I think he'd be an OK coach beside a good manager but on their own they are clueless in every managerial area.

Don't think we've won since going full time!

Quite an interesting point, he probably would make a decent #2 but is just lost as a manager. He'd almost be better going to a different club where he wasnt previously a player and just starting from scratch.

I have no idea if the players respect him as a manager but every time we score, the players run over to celebrate with Millen whilst Roberts gets ignored. When McGovern scored at Stair Park he ran over to the dug out and celebrated with Millen and someone else (cant remember who) whilst Roberts just stood there like a spare part.

Sure I heard somewhere that Forrest was looking to leave as well - thats all we need!

Not so sure about that. A spine of Murphy, McGovern and Beattie is the best in the league from where I'm sitting. Roberts' problem is he cannot get the best out of players and his tactics are not only stifling the team, they're driving fans away.

Three players isn't the spine of a team, and neither McGovern nor Beattie have looked a cut above their counterparts in some of the better teams in the division this season. He did get the best out of the players at the start of the season, to the point that they were playing above themselves, but they were never going to sustain those levels of performance because they quite frankly don't have the collective ability to do so. I do agree that his tactics leave a lot to be desired, but even if that weren't an issue, this team is not anywhere near good enough to be challenging for promotion.

Three players isn't the spine of a team, and neither McGovern nor Beattie have looked a cut above their counterparts in some of the better teams in the division this season. He did get the best out of the players at the start of the season, to the point that they were playing above themselves, but they were never going to sustain those levels of performance because they quite frankly don't have the collective ability to do so. I do agree that his tactics leave a lot to be desired, but even if that weren't an issue, this team is not anywhere near good enough to be challenging for promotion.

I agree, if we look at his preferred XI, I'm not sure how much effect a new manager is going to be able to have on this group due to their very lage deficiencies. Marko does need to go regardless though.

Hutton - Ok keeper who is prone to selling goals

Devlin - Bang average league one full back (not a bad thing)

Campbell - Never fit, howlers galore when he is

Murphy - Only does dragbacks

McKinley - Never a full back

Slane - See's a lot of the ball & does nothing with it

McLaughlin - Should be on the bench in the juniors

McGovern - People think he is good simply because he has played at a higher level, he has failed to show anything in 95% of our matches

Gilmour - Largely decent enough but has the odd game where his passing is garbage

Forrest - Second season syndrome has firmly set in (just as it did with Robbie Crawford)

Donnelly - Probably an ok striker but he doesn't have what is required to play up on his own

Regular Subs:

Shirkie - Shows some touches that there could be a player to be moulded in there and makes decent runs, but this boy clearly needs a large amount of work to get up to even league one standard.

Beattie - probably ok if he ever gets fit

McGill - Play this boy, far from perfect but gives you plenty every game

Slane is the perfect example...has all the ability in the world and under the right manager he'd be the best player in the league by a distance.

Under Roberts he is a walking red card.

The team is packed with guys who blatantly don't rate the manager and it shows in their performances. Not helped by his constant abuse of their attitude in public.

I'm convinced a new man would put this squad of players into the play-offs at the very least. But he needs to be installed now before the season is done.

Archived