Scottish cup winners Saints vs Woeful 'Well. Friday night fitba

Because Im just that important Ridge or Wedge or whatever your name is.

Pfft I'll just send my father to get them. That's called services. Although not likely with a smile since we'll have watched 45 minutes of dire tripe.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early team news vs Motherwell: Lappin (thigh) doubtful but Davidson (eye) and Wotherspoon (tonsillitis) definitely out. McFadden will start.

With the manager (and indeed fans I think) a bit happier about the way we're defending and Frazer Wright able to play three games in a week and also off the back of a couple of away matches, Tommy Wright might load up with attacking players tonight, especially if Lappin does miss out. Motherwell maybe seem to be struggling to find a partner for Lasley in the centre of the park, so having McDonald in a two might not be as risky as it would be otherwise and I wouldn't be too surprised if we see something along the following lines, although Croft is incredibly fortunate to hold onto his shirt. I think it's important the manager sends out a positive statement with his team selection.

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson - Wright - B Easton

Croft - Millar - McDonald - O'Halloran

Graham - McFadden

I don't mind McDonald coming in actually, he does the unseen marking which we've been missing. I'd possibly rather Brown came in simply because he's not afraid to take the ball and pass it. Although his inexperience has probably lead to a few close calls.

Is it a 7:45 kick off?

Id go

Mannus

-------Mackay - Wright - Ando

Miller-----------Brown----------Easton

-----------Millar----------McDonald

------------'Graham-------O'Halloran

With the manager (and indeed fans I think) a bit happier about the way we're defending and Frazer Wright able to play three games in a week and also off the back of a couple of away matches, Tommy Wright might load up with attacking players tonight, especially if Lappin does miss out. Motherwell maybe seem to be struggling to find a partner for Lasley in the centre of the park, so having McDonald in a two might not be as risky as it would be otherwise and I wouldn't be too surprised if we see something along the following lines, although Croft is incredibly fortunate to hold onto his shirt. I think it's important the manager sends out a positive statement with his team selection.

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson - Wright - B Easton

Croft - Millar - McDonald - O'Halloran

Graham - McFadden

I think that just shows the dire position we're in regarding the squad at the moment. Croft's performance on Tuesday was utterly embarrassing, but we've got no real option other than play him. We could move Millar to the right, but we'd miss his influence too much in the middle. We could bring in Brown and go narrow, with either o'Halloran or McFadden playing at the top of a diamond midfield, but then neither full back would have protection and we'd have literally no width.

Tis a quandry.

Dreadful 0-0 with a terrible attendance.

Have no idea why they televise these games as the viewing figures must be horrendous.

Will be giving this one a miss thankfully.

Agreed that at the moment both teams are poor but I think that this would normally be a good game to televise. There's normally a few goals in the fixture and some decent games. In fairness to BT, when the fixture was chosen they obviously didn't expect both sides to be in such shocking form.

Tommy should just start playing some of the young guys. He's really nothing to lose at the moment other than yet more games. If it backfires he can always tell young Brown that it shows more than ever he simply has to have funds in the January window, if it's not too late by then of course.

I've missed a few episodes of Coronation Street this week, so my big decision tonight is whether to watch this or catch up on Corrie.

Decisions Decisions...

Im actually getting quite excited for this, not seen us win since Aberdeen, and not seen us score since Inverness. Keeeeen

Heard Lee Croft is coming as a footballer tonight.

We should all throw chocolate bars at him. If we do, he might achieve what he's been threatening to since he arrived - become as wide as he is tall.

Archived