• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mum's from Greenock and whenever she says Galoshians I just ignore her and pretend she didn't say anything.

I don't normally mind Hallowe'en but always have a half-arsed costume, like suiting up, because I'm not a fan of (/don't understand) horror. I'm working night-shift tonight though, so I'm sure I'm going to get sick of the normal people staggering in drunk at 4am but they're dressed as some really bad imitation of Batman.

Aye, the wife calls it being on the Galoshes or some other such nonsense. She's from Balloch mind you.

It's not just an inverclyde thing?

One lives and learns.

Don't get me started on lemonade / ginger mind.

Is guising dying?

When I was a wee shit we'd be out the whole week with different costumes on each day knocking on every single house for miles around. Don't see many going out these days.

Thanks to the internet, parents now know which houses to avoid thanks to the 'high risk' inhabitants.

2nd year of being in a guisable* house and 2nd year being out of it on Halloween. Cnuts like me sicken me. At least the lights are off for a genuine reason.

*new word as of now, you saw it here first before Countdown in a few years time.

2nd year of being in a guisable* house and 2nd year being out of it on Halloween. Cnuts like me sicken me. At least the lights are off for a genuine reason.

*new word as of now, you saw it here first before Countdown in a few years time.

Oh, unlucky... Used that word yesterday.

Note to the OP: Itsnot foryou to enjoy, it's something for the kids to enjoy.

Like Mozza you should just relax and 'enjoy' all those threads/posts that have the only desire defection garnering Greenies.

Leave the kids alone (in every respect).

Galoshians in Greenock mind.

Each year we get abut 30 kids round. I think it depends where you are, is it an area with a lot of kids?

Most often weans accompanied by mums or big brothers.

The last few years the youngsters have gone round the village in a pack of 20+ accompanied by a couple of adults. Works quite well, as you're not up and down answering the door every ten minutes.

Don't know if it was the same this year as we were at my step daughters for a Hallowe'en party.

Archived