Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Labour are absolutely done in Scotland for many years to come.

I have spoken to dozens of their former voters and there is no way they will ever go back.

The real venom they have for Murphy & co is quite simply astonishing! © Jolo Lamont

Attitudes remind me of ex-smokers in their disgust for people sparking a fag.

Defcon fucked indeed :lol:

I'm still in the "they should give up, but it's their choice" camp of ex-smokers (and might not even have got that far without last year's wee CancerFest, tbh),and don't actually mind the smell of people actually smoking, but I already hate the smell of stale smoke hanging around.

To stretch the analogy towards or even beyond breaking point, it seems that the Scots electorate has moved to the "actively removing the activity from their vicinity" stage, whereas down here we're still at the "WM stinks, but it's been the status quo for so long, what can we do?" stage.

The most distasteful thing is that the career drones in SLab aren't pissed off because the SNP has better, more socially responsible ideas, it's because they are winning. Who would have thought that policies to benefit people rather than business would be popular with, er, people?

(Scottish) Labour appear to have given up on winning anything in Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey. There are no posters, banners, flyers, leaflets or activists anywhere to be seen based on what I have noted over the last few days. Lib Dems and SNP very active. There are more flyers and signs on lampposts for the Scottish Christian party than (Scottish) Labour. A sign that they are conceding defeat in some areas of the country?

(Scottish) Labour appear to have given up on winning anything in Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey. There are no posters, banners, flyers, leaflets or activists anywhere to be seen based on what I have noted over the last few days. Lib Dems and SNP very active. There are more flyers and signs on lampposts for the Scottish Christian party than (Scottish) Labour. A sign that they are conceding defeat in some areas of the country?

I'd imagine if Labour have any activists up in the constituency of Inverness and assorted teuchters, half of them will have been bussed elsewhere to help out in salvageable seats, and the other half will be out asking people to tactical vote for the Lib Dems :lol:

Wonder what he has to say on the offer of Labour to involve Heseltine in government? Heseltine???!! You couldn't make it up.

He'll be too busy finding enough goats to slaughter to the spirit of Thatch to worry about living political deities.

Every dead goat gets you a converted Conservative voter, I understand.

Archived