Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Jim Murphy the gift that keeps on giving. Comedy gold.

I wouldn't be surprised if in years to come it came to light that in fact Jim Murphy was in fact a very talented comedian who has managed to stay in character whilst in front of a camera surpassing the likes of alan partridge, david Brent and tony Clifton

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prescriptions should only be free for elderly/kids/low income familes if you are able to pay then you should,i am sure the scottish goverment could invest any money raised back into our health service.

How much should you pay for a prescription? Nobody paid the actual price of the drugs, it was a standard fee no matter what you were getting.

Should rich people pay the full cost of their cancer drugs that could run into thousands a year?

You are also aware that 90% of prescriptions in England are free of charge.

Prescriptions should only be free for elderly/kids/low income familes if you are able to pay then you should,i am sure the scottish goverment could invest any money raised back into our health service.

Main reason for free prescriptions for everyone is that it costs more to administer a system with some paying and some not than is raised by the charges. It would cost the health service money to use system you suggest.

It's been repeatedly pointed out that means testing prescription fees would cost more than it would raise. If you're not going to means test, you're saying quite plainly that people's health should affect their income. This is a barbarous opinion and one that we've done well as a civilised society to kill off.

It's been repeatedly pointed out that means testing prescription fees would cost more than it would raise. If you're not going to means test, you're saying quite plainly that people's health should affect their income. This is a barbarous opinion and one that we've done well as a civilised society to kill off.

You're responding to kevthedee. He's as thick as shit. He doesn't understand arguements with even the slight level of complexity.

"Look! They've got the signature on it and everything. Why now, I truly believe Ed Miliband intends to deliver full fiscal autonomy!"

"Hold on, that's just printed, they haven't signed my copy of the Daily Record at all"

"I feel duped"

^^^

Did not happen.

Misrepresenting an argument then replying to that misrepresentation is not good debating skills champ.

We were told we would get devo-max, Home Rule, and as near to full federalism as possible. We got none of those things. That's what happened. People were duped.

If you scrap free tuition then you put people from poorer backgrounds in places outside the Scottish cities, who would have to move to go to university, completely out of the picture for getting a degree. Expecting them to pay both tuition fees and a student loan back would weigh incredibly heavily on them. Give them a chance for god sake.

You're responding to kevthedee. He's as thick as shit. He doesn't understand arguements with even the slight level of complexity.

I understand you used to be a member of the labour party but left after the independance vote,why was that granny,did you not have the balls to fight on for labour or was it to be a "glory hunter" because you knew the snp would smash labour,you can call be thick,abuse me but at least i dont walk away from a party because they will get beat.

I understand you used to be a member of the labour party but left after the independance vote,why was that granny,did you not have the balls to fight on for labour or was it to be a "glory hunter" because you knew the snp would smash labour,you can call be thick,abuse me but at least i dont walk away from a party because they will get beat.

You do come across as a bit thick, though. The kind who just sees the red rosette and votes Labour.

I left the Labour Party 20 years ago after having been a member for almost 20 years. I have voted SNP for all these years since. I joined the SNP after the referendum result, I never thought I would actually join another political party but felt guilty after doing virtually nothing in the referendum campaign.

How does it feel to be wrong yet again?

I left the Labour Party 20 years ago after having been a member for almost 20 years. I have voted SNP for all these years since. I joined the SNP after the referendum result, I never thought I would actually join another political party but felt guilty after doing virtually nothing in the referendum campaign.

How does it feel to be wrong yet again?

granny danger if i am wrong and i am with this post then i wont back away from that you have my apology for my post.

I see Ad Lib has given up and has taken to spending his time on here.

I'd imagine that he hopes and expects that part of the Liberal's miniscule vote will shift and may well be enough to get Murphy over the line.

I come from a mining community that is usually a labour stronghold I will be voting for SNP for the first time apart from the referendum. I will voting SNP for the foreseeable future. I've always took an interest in politics so this is not based on media frenzy or because of my peers.

I see Ad Lib has given up and has taken to spending his time on here.

I'd imagine that he hopes and expects that part of the Liberal's miniscule vote will shift and may well be enough to get Murphy over the line.

I thought he was fighting for his deposit.

I hope he does,he was a good yes voter

He represents a party that has helped the Tories introduce legislation that has impacted upon the most vulnerable in our society. That's a fact.

He represents a party that has helped the Tories introduce legislation that has impacted upon the most vulnerable in our society. That's a fact.

A lot of these 'most vulnerable peeps' on invalidity are chancers who should get a job. We all know at least one or two of these peeps. I don't say all, or most, but a large percentage. Sturgeon loves them all I know, including the illegal migrant who defrauded £80k out of our pockets.

Archived