Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf I slate Ad Lib but he talks a lot of sense at times. I am tipping him to lead the Scottish Lib Dems within 10-15 years. And he is pro-independence, allegedly, so that would be a positive move. If he didn't sell out his principles for power like Clegg and co.

Aye, but will he pretend not to know us when he passes us in the street? :(

Terrible performance from Jim.

Get the impression when he first took over he though this would be a breeze against politicians from the diddy parliament

What I will say is that Lord Ashcroft's polls, both the most recent and in terms of the trend, isn't surprising to us.

Fair enough!

I see Ad Lib has given up and has taken to spending his time on here.

Yep - serves the East Renfrewshire Lib Dems right that they picked such an oxygen thief for a candidate. Incredibly poor form during an election for a candidate to be wasting time the way he has been.

I'm not about to disclose our confidential canvassing data to a football forum.

Why not? You've frittered enough time on here that you can't have f**ked up the Flip-Flops chances of saving the deposit any more than you've done so already.

Electoral Calculus forecasting that Murphy will lose his seat; I'm fairly certain that last week they were predicting he would retain it.

Electoral Calculus are to be treated with a pinch of salt - they're predicting the Greens to get 1.7% of the vote when they don't even have a candidate.

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/cgi-bin/seatdetails.pl?seat=Renfrewshire%20East

Whilst Fuzzy is a complete bellpiece and makes him look good, Ad Lib is always entertaining when it comes to education. His patter about unqualified teachers a while ago pretty much boiled down having an unqualified teacher once who he thought was good and crying "a piece of paper" about qualification when given a schooling on the importance of the training period in developing and reflecting on the craft of teaching - absolutely vital if you are going to be an outstanding practitioner.

This crosses over into his laughable discussion of tuition fees too - pretty much every post screams [citation needed] and he bases a view on the access to a system on figures taken just a couple of years into a system taking into account no long term impact. Even the UCAS figures that show a one year rise (the previous year showed a fall) in young people from working class families going to uni, it also showed more of them went to less selective, less academically distinguished unis - a different story to the intellectually dishonest example of a student from Glasgow Academy going to UWS that Ad Lib used earlier.

It's interesting that England and Wales are pretty much an anomaly across Northern Europe where tuition is free or just a few hundred Euros. It's also interesting that the £9000 fees have actually given a negligible financial contribution to the state: http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/apr/24/university-tuition-fee-rise-student-loanand http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/mar/21/student-fees-policy-costing-more

I actually quite like the cut of Ad Lib's jib on some issues and the rage he brings out in Fuzzy/XVL provides genuine lols but one of the glorious by-products of this election is the utter horsing the Lib Dems are going to take thanks to their tuition fees shenanigans.

Watching the Lib Dems get crucified is more than just a wee sideshow for me. I think voting for them in that election has given me a bitterness towards them that makes this almost just as enjoyable an outcome.

Watching the Lib Dems get crucified is more than just a wee sideshow for me. I think voting for them in that election has given me a bitterness towards them that makes this almost just as enjoyable an outcome.

Hell hath no fury. ;)

In all seriousness I think it's similar for a lot of ex labour voters like myself.

I never voted for them last time, but totally agree with you. The main event is going to be the utter destruction of the Branch Office but it will be good to see these shysters get what they deserve.

Make no mistake, seeing the Lib Dems taking an utter pasting will be every bit as enjoyable as Labour. Even the Tories might lose their only Scottish MP.

It really will be a Carlsberg election.

Archived