Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Murphy and Dugdale being mooted as the dream team, feckin lmao! Are Labour trying to commit political suicide?

Why dont they get delusional Mara in too. Does that women love the sound of her own voice of what. Heard her on radio today, its like the world of Mara is parallel dimension where all is great with Labour, Im not sure whether shes saying it to convince herself or others...

Sturgeon will have no problem handling any Labour stooge that takes the seat in Holyrood.

If there are any Labour voters left, Im looking for your opinion on why Labour use the Tories to prop up their ailing local governments in Scotland, and are you happy at this practice going on?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the hatred on here for Jim Murphy by the Nats is exactly why Murphy will get the job.

Cannae see any other candidate being a challenge for the SNP.

Sturgeon will probably be an inferior version of Salmond. I think she looked weak this week with her doomed to failure call for a Scots veto (as the media described it) on the Referendum on leaving the EU.

I believe tactically she should have gone for the line that if Scotland votes to stay but the UK voted to leave then it would be fair to have a referendum of the Scottish people asking what was more important to the people: Scots membership of the UK Union or Scots membership of the EU Union.

Scotland's spends millions a year on the priority of giving the middle classes free prescriptions.

How about spending that money on the poor instead. Just a thought.

Remind me who got us into this colossal financial f**k up where the poor are baring the brunt of the austerity? I believe if Liebour have any chance of getting in, they would continue it. Meanwhile back at the ranch, the elite rich get richer, in it together lol, wonder how the "poor" feel about that.

BTW everyone gets free prescriptions. I know a man who has a heart complaint and if didnt get it free he would be paying £60/week. My father too, had Parkinsons do you suggest he shouldve paid too? The problem with NHS/prescriptions is the massively inflated prices drug companies make them pay for drugs.

I think the hatred on here for Jim Murphy by the Nats is exactly why Murphy will get the job.

Sturgeon will probably be an inferior version of Salmond. I think she looked weak this week with her doomed to failure call for a Scots veto (as the media described it) on the Referendum on leaving the EU.

I believe tactically she should have gone for the line that if Scotland votes to stay but the UK voted to leave then it would be fair to have a referendum of the Scottish people asking what was more important to the people: Scots membership of the UK Union or Scots membership of the EU Union.

In a roundabout way you've probably hit the nail on the head. Labour will elect whoever they believe the SNP hate the most as everything Labour does in Scotland is in the reaction to the SNP.

I know a man who has a heart complaint and if didnt get it free he would be paying £60/week. My father too, had Parkinsons do you suggest he shouldve paid too?

If he can afford it - yes. If he couldn't afford it, he wouldn't pay for it regardless.

A bit like Council Tax.

Sturgeon grew up fighting Labour. She will not fear Murphy. He is a god send for them. Unreconstructed Blairite . Votes for wars and Trident , welfare cuts etc etc .

The Unions will back Findlay and rightly so. Murphy is only here to try to save Labour. Not for you, me or Scotland. Remember that.

Judging by the record levels of NCC seethe you can tell they're quaking in their boots over Murphy.

Aye totally shiting it at a right winger trying to get Scottish Labour back to their roots :lol:

He's my favoured candidate by a mile.

Judging by the record levels of NCC seethe you can tell they're quaking in their boots over Murphy.

Murphy is one of the few politicians who could get my mum and dad to vote labour but living in a rural snp/Tory seat they are hardly the target voters.

As for the labour heartlands, Murphy will be poison, a Westminster blairite, notorious expenses piss taker and no friend of their new orange buddies either. Perfect.

Murphy is obviously high profile, which will be a huge plus point considering most people didn't know who people like Ian Gray and Nicole Steven were when they were party leaders. However, what will count against Murphy is he's seen as one of the Labour sellouts. Supported Iraq war; supports trident and Israel;was part of the expenses scandal and is a stereotypical careerist politician.

Scotland's spends millions a year on the priority of giving the middle classes free prescriptions.

How about spending that money on the poor instead. Just a thought.

Who spends a higher propertion of their income on presecrptions,the rich or the poor?

A Boyack or Findlay led Labour would be steam-rollered again by the SNP in 2016. An SNP minority government would be viewed as a success for Labour right now. Murphy can achieve that but, being brutally honest, a steaming turd with a red rosette pinned to it should be able to achieve that.

Labour have been sleep walking to oblivion in Sotland ever since devolution. If you think Jim Murphy is the man to stop that, then I'd suggest you've given very little thought as to why Labour have embarked on this downward spiral. But then, if you had, it would probably make you unique among Scottish Labour supporters.

It looks as if it there may be complications for Murphy getting into Holyrood early.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/murphys-routes-for-early-move-to-holyrood-ruled-out.25756363

The MSPs rumoured to be up for a swapsie at Holyrood have confirmed they'll run again for Holyrood and, as sitting MSPs iirc, will get priority in the Labour selection.

So, Murphy will have to find a seat in 2016, and this doesn't address what he does in 2015.

There's a funny wee bit at the end of article:

Murphy is the bookies' favourite to win, but is a divisive figure in the party ... Asked how the party would fare if Murphy became leader, a Labour MP added: 'We're f***ed!'

^ Doesn't get it.

If a charity's stated aim is to say alleviate food poverty, then it's not massively unreasonable to refuse to take part in a promo for someone quite clearly culpable in the dramatic rise of food poverty.

It's really a pretty basic concept that charities aren't there just to take any donation from anyone. Practice your best Welsh accent, phone up a women's refuge centre tomorrow saying you're Ched Evans and want to donate £20 in exchange for a wee press event. See how that goes.

Except Jim Murphy didn't use this as a photo opportunity or for publicity. One of his employees was instructed to pass on a bag of food he bought, and the foodbank chose to draw attention to it by refusing the donation.

Except Jim Murphy didn't use this as a photo opportunity or for publicity.

Ahahahaha, pretty sure I saw jim himself handing it in on TV in a very obvious publicity stunt.

I also see Jim is a member of the GMB - must be some kind of honorary member as he's never had a job. Maybe he'll get an honorary degree sometime soon as well.

The more I think about it the more pleasing a Murphy leadership becomes.

Archived