Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can our representatives ever be completely outvoted effectively disenfranchising us? Say for example we have a general election and elect 41 out of 59 MP's for one party and 1 out of 59 MP's for another, is it possible that party with just 1 MP in Scotland can gain power in the UK? I wonder, not really sure about that one eh.

So I'm afraid its you that's talking nonsense, I, and the UK Home Secretary, are completely correct, Scotland was subjugated and exists under the cosh of another country, and the fact we get to send some token representatives who sometimes even get positions of power does nothing whatsoever to change that.

We're not being "subjugated" by the union. The problem is due to the demographics that exist in the UK. Both parties know they have to appeal to the middle England voter, as that is where the bulk of the seats are. Sadly, they largely share different values from most people up here. If you're in a room of 10 people. It's very easy for your views to be shouted down and crowded out by the rest of the people. This has caused Labour in the last 20 years to abandon their main principles and become more like the Tories.

Ad lib :lol:

Will somebody please think of his deposit :bairn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-31780621

What an absolute mentalist this guy is. Do young kids genuinely think they're going to just get handed £1600 by a government who constantly get their knickers in a bunch over the "something for nothing" society?

He also thinks that offering free tuition fees to Scottish students is his great idea! Someone needs to tell him that the SNP have already brought that in.

I don't know who their idea person is at Scottish labour but I think they should be sacked.

He also thinks that offering free tuition fees to Scottish students is his great idea! Someone needs to tell him that the SNP have already brought that in.

I don't know who their idea person is at Scottish labour but I think they should be sacked.

Scottish labour are not far off the old lib dem stage where they can offer whatever the f**k they like cos they know they're never going to have to deliver on it up here.

Scottish labour are not far off the old lib dem stage where they can offer whatever the f**k they like cos they know they're never going to have to deliver on it up here.

There are people out there that hang on to every lie that falls out of their mouth. Then you think. post-60-14258586140521_thumb.jpg. It's kind of scary!

Murphy is rotten. Supports fees for twenty years, his whole adult life.

We're not being "subjugated" by the union. The problem is due to the demographics that exist in the UK. Both parties know they have to appeal to the middle England voter, as that is where the bulk of the seats are. Sadly, they largely share different values from most people up here. If you're in a room of 10 people. It's very easy for your views to be shouted down and crowded out by the rest of the people. This has caused Labour in the last 20 years to abandon their main principles and become more like the Tories.

Will somebody please think of his deposit :bairn

We are dominated though, by sheer weight of numbers. It is not a union of equals in any sense.

The solution? Independence.

The solution? Independence.

Not gonna happen, not for at least 10-20 years. As long as enough people like my gran are still around, as well as post war baby boomers. Who have a far greater sense of the union than people like me do.

When was the last time the English used violence to keep this 'colony' in check?

And how do you respond to the fact that Scots get to elect a number of MPs to the UK parliament? What kind f colony does that?

Also, what about when Scots hold prominent positions in the UK government? Surely that's not the English dominating us?

I don't deny that its an honest examination of our history but in my opinion (and the opinion of every other poster that's commented) your analysis is severely flawed. Your only piece of evidence is what seems to be a throw-away interview piece by a crooked former home secretary.

As much as the other guy is a complete zoomer, the answer is George Square, 1919.

My Great Grandfather was there and told me his tales, so while it has gone from living history, it's well within my family history.

I used to be a member of the Labour party. Now, when I see it I do see some things I like. Some nice looking policies that I agree with.

But....but....I cannot bring myself to forgive them. Not just the wasted 13 years - they did do some good stuff.

But the referendum campaign; seeing Ed Balls grinning away like Piers Fletcher-Derbidge of The New Statesman saying the same as George Osbourne, word for word. Telling Scots that we had no claim on the pound, that a Labour government would put armed guards along the Scotland/England border, that we were poor subsidy junkies wholly reliant on oil. To see Gordon Brown terrify pensioners in to voting no because he implied they'd lose their pensions if they voted yes. That blood and organ donations would stop cross-borders too. The then-Labour leader smiling outside Asda repeating the line about food prices rising - a line originated in Downing Street.

This was Labour's doing and I simply cannot forgive them, mansion tax or no.

I used to be a member of the Labour party. Now, when I see it I do see some things I like. Some nice looking policies that I agree with.

But....but....I cannot bring myself to forgive them. Not just the wasted 13 years - they did do some good stuff.

But the referendum campaign; seeing Ed Balls grinning away like Piers Fletcher-Derbidge of The New Statesman saying the same as George Osbourne, word for word. Telling Scots that we had no claim on the pound, that a Labour government would put armed guards along the Scotland/England border, that we were poor subsidy junkies wholly reliant on oil. To see Gordon Brown terrify pensioners in to voting no because he implied they'd lose their pensions if they voted yes. That blood and organ donations would stop cross-borders too. The then-Labour leader smiling outside Asda repeating the line about food prices rising - a line originated in Downing Street.

Excellent post, and one which I have greenied the f**k out of.

Never mind that four-letter word....Iraq

This. Gordon Browns behaviour was appalling. Jim Murphy will say anything to try and stop what is looking like a huge shift towards the SNP. I just feel they cannot be trusted.

This. Gordon Browns behaviour was appalling. Jim Murphy will say anything to try and stop what is looking like a huge shift towards the SNP. I just feel they cannot be trusted.

Murphy knows without Scottish votes the Labour party is bust in Westminster. His campaign for the No votes wasn't about what's best for Scotland it was about saving Labour as a force in the UK. f**k him and his party.

Poor Jim. :lol:

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/p/poor_jim/pay_dirt.html

Another day, another time to wonder why these things just happen.
All along I have the time to take a chance, but I can't.
Don't you run away. Please stay. Please say something.
I'm finding things about myself. I can change.
Here I am, confused and waiting. Will you tell me different?
I'm afraid. I must decide to try.
Don't you run away. Please stay. Please say something.
I sit here thinking about myself. It's ok.
I sit here thinking about myself. I can change.

Archived