Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

See if Jim Murphy parrots one more time, " If you dont vote for us, then you will get Tories" pish I think I will go mental!

Does Murphy not realise he has to offer an more appealling alternative, good policies, etc. Not this "Fear" rubbish. He is a career politician who isnt particularly clever, but machiavellian in nature.

As for deputy Kez, so out her depth, it's cringeworthy.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See if Jim Murphy parrots one more time, " If you dont vote for us, then you will get Tories" pish I think I will go mental!

Does Murphy not realise he has to offer an more appealling alternative, good policies, etc. Not this "Fear" rubbish. He is a career politician who isnt particularly clever, but machiavellian in nature.

As for deputy Kez, so out her depth, it's cringeworthy.

It's all they've got, be prepared to go mental, you'll probably see him saying this on the news tomorrow night

Branch manager loses it...

http://wingsoverscotland.com/cracking-up/

Meanwhile, internal staff in the branch are at each others' throars, this from the Hootsmon:

"SCOTTISH Labour is gripped in a civil war over where to concentrate its resources to take on the surge by the SNP and hold on to some of its 41 seats north of the Border.

After the latest round of constituency polls from the former Tory Treasurer Lord Ashcroft, which showed that 56 of Scotland’s 59 seats could fall to the SNP, senior Labour figures have told The Scotsman that Scottish party leader Jim Murphy is concentrating money and campaigners in the wrong places.

With the Scottish Labour party due to hold its conference in Edinburgh tomorrow, several MPs have demanded that the party forgets trying to save the west of Scotland while one said that they should abandon Glasgow."

I'm surprised no one mentioned his interview on GMS this morning. The BBC have well and truly turned, and he was reduced to shouting over the interviewer.

Edited to add -I really should have followed the link in the post above... Idiot boy that I am.

Jimbo was apparently speaking to Helen and has now decided that he should talk about important things like scrapping tuition fees rather than the fitba...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-31708838

The SNP said that students in Scotland "won't be fooled by Jim Murphy's shameless hypocrisy on tuition fees." Stewart Maxwell, MSP for West Scotland, added: "Labour introduced tuition fees - and then abandoned students further when they introduced top up fees. As a result, students south of the border now face fees of up to £9,000 per year.

"Mr Murphy himself voted to impose tuition fees, describing the idea of free tuition as 'incoherent, indefensible and unrealistic'. "His announcement today is all about panicked attempts to grab headlines - and nothing to do with defending the principle of free education."

Murphy later complained of neck pains and was spotted at B&Q buying this in bulk

brasso.JPG

Jimbo was apparently speaking to Helen and has now decided that he should talk about important things like scrapping tuition fees rather than the fitba...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-31708838

The SNP said that students in Scotland "won't be fooled by Jim Murphy's shameless hypocrisy on tuition fees." Stewart Maxwell, MSP for West Scotland, added: "Labour introduced tuition fees - and then abandoned students further when they introduced top up fees. As a result, students south of the border now face fees of up to £9,000 per year.

"Mr Murphy himself voted to impose tuition fees, describing the idea of free tuition as 'incoherent, indefensible and unrealistic'. "His announcement today is all about panicked attempts to grab headlines - and nothing to do with defending the principle of free education."

Murphy later complained of neck pains and was spotted at B&Q buying this in bulk

brasso.JPG

I'd call him a 'glib and shameless liar' but that sobriquet has already been taken. Think I would have just called him a lying right wing tosser rather than passing him a note; wonder if he would have done a video of that?

Of course, Jim Murphy voted in favour of introducing top-up fees for University courses in England back in 2004. On the question of "Labour under Donald Dewar" getting rid of tuition fees in Scotland, this is flatly untrue. The abolition of tuition fees in preference for the graduate endowment was a policy pursued as a result of Labour backing-down to a Liberal Democrat policy in Coalition negotiations. I pass no comment on the merit of that particular policy, but simply observe that University attendance by those from the most disadvantaged in society is and has been for the entirety of the time this policy has existed, less good in Scotland than it has been in England.

Jim is strangely silent on Ed Miliband's plan to cut graduate contributions from graduate bankers, raiding the pension pots of people who did not necessarily go to University to fill the black-hole in University finance that creates. This tax change will, incidentally, negatively impact more Scots than are likely to benefit from the tuition fee cut, since they would both have to go to England *and* go on to be among the top 1/3 of graduate earners to be a single penny better off. To prioritise people on the KPMG consultancy graduate schemes over teachers and nurses seems a strange priority to me, but perhaps others will disagree.

If you want a representative that will at least be consistent and honest about this issue as your MP, and you live in East Renfrewshire, there is a choice for you. Vote Lib Dem.

:lol: Aye OK. Come back when you've grown out of nappies.

As opposed to being a thick, middle-aged, perma-seething University of Lifer?

Of course, Jim Murphy voted in favour of introducing top-up fees for University courses in England back in 2004. On the question of "Labour under Donald Dewar" getting rid of tuition fees in Scotland, this is flatly untrue. The abolition of tuition fees in preference for the graduate endowment was a policy pursued as a result of Labour backing-down to a Liberal Democrat policy in Coalition negotiations. I pass no comment on the merit of that particular policy, but simply observe that University attendance by those from the most disadvantaged in society is and has been for the entirety of the time this policy has existed, less good in Scotland than it has been in England.

Jim is strangely silent on Ed Miliband's plan to cut graduate contributions from graduate bankers, raiding the pension pots of people who did not necessarily go to University to fill the black-hole in University finance that creates. This tax change will, incidentally, negatively impact more Scots than are likely to benefit from the tuition fee cut, since they would both have to go to England *and* go on to be among the top 1/3 of graduate earners to be a single penny better off. To prioritise people on the KPMG consultancy graduate schemes over teachers and nurses seems a strange priority to me, but perhaps others will disagree.

If you want a representative that will at least be consistent and honest about this issue as your MP, and you live in East Renfrewshire, there is a choice for you. Vote Lib Dem.

Will it be on your election leaflets, that you support tuition fees?

Will it be on your election leaflets, that you support tuition fees?

It depends on what we decide is more important to raise with the people in the constituency. If asked at hustings what my view is on tuition fees, I am of course completely happy to stand by my long held views on the merits of tuition fee-based student finance systems.

It depends on what we decide is more important to raise with the people in the constituency. If asked at hustings what my view is on tuition fees, I am of course completely happy to stand by my long held views on the merits of tuition fee-based student finance systems.

Will you be on Question Time Ad lib?

Hello Ad Lib. I am a new poster, this is my first post. I have been reading this site for a while though, since just after the referendum, and since you have just posted I thought I would ask why you, since you are standing for election, have as your signature a statement deliberately designed to taunt 45% of the electorate of Scotland, and presumably also of the constituency you are standing in. Do you really think that is appropriate?

Also do you think a 23 year old narcissist like you is really well placed to represent anyone, or do you just think, being a narcissist, that you are the sort of person who should be in charge?

Archived