Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

I like beer while I watch football

I'm not drunk enough to go on a rampage at the football and need this to allow me to beat up as many fans, stewards and police as possible.

Honestly, is it that hard to comprehend that someone might actually just want a drink while they watch a game?

Not hard to comprehend but why should I care?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like beer while I watch football

I'm not drunk enough to go on a rampage at the football and need this to allow me to beat up as many fans, stewards and police as possible.

Honestly, is it that hard to comprehend that someone might actually just want a drink while they watch a game?

Nobody has asked for us to be allowed to drink in our seats. They have asked for us to be allowed to drink in the grounds before and after the game, and maybe at half time. I can't stand Murphy and this issue is absolutely nothing to do with the GE, but I think we should definitely be allowing this, at least on a trial basis

But removing it and making them less of a staggering aggressive arsehole for a few hours means the rest of us, who are there first and foremost to watch

a sports event, can do so a little easier. Many people, especially those with young kids, buy season tickets only to be are stuck beside some raging clown every week

without making him a drunk raging clown.

The raging clowns who like a drink are drunk anyway.

Nobody has asked for us to be allowed to drink in our seats. They have asked for us to be allowed to drink in the grounds before and after the game, and maybe at half time.

There is at least one poster on here who has mentioned having a beer at his seat in a few posts.This is where the problem is with this issue,no one knows what is on the table.It might have been better if Murphy was in a position to make these changes before he started grandstanding.

I can guarantee if the SNP were for this some of the utter roasters on here would be too. I'm voting SNP, I voted yes, but I don't let the political party I vote for shape what I actually believe in.

Can you? Perhaps you can tell us exactly which posters are taking their position due to political views. Does the same thing hold true for those in favour?

I can guarantee if the SNP were for this some of the utter roasters on here would be too. I'm voting SNP, I voted yes, but I don't let the political party I vote for shape what I actually believe in.

The SNP love in on here can be very annoying

That would be why this is a tangential issue on a football forum, rather than something people are on the streets fighting for (well, aside from Jim Murphy).

Aye but it's interesting to note that some folk who rarely or never post on the politics forum have posted quite a bit on this. It suggests they see it as a more important issue than many of the other matters discussed here.

Aye but it's interesting to note that some folk who rarely or never post on the politics forum have posted quite a bit on this.

All politics is local. This is precisely why Murphy is targeting this demographic. Doesn't mean those who oppose current policy are necessarily low-information.

Confirmed Jim standing in East Renfrewshire - looking like a heavily reduced majority -

http://twitter.com/HTScotPol/status/571385343364231168

"Jim wants to contribute to ensuring we keep the Tories out," the source said. :lol:

Mr Murphy said: "As I have said many times before, I am the Labour candidate for East Renfrewshire against the Tories in May and Labour's candidate for First Minister in 2016. We have had a really good response on the doorsteps in recent weeks.

"We need to do everything we can to stop the Tories being the largest party. I want to contribute to making sure the Tories are kept out of East Renfrewshire and Downing Street.

"The choice facing voters in East Renfrewshire is much the same as the one facing the rest of Scotland - it's between Labour and the Tories. Any seat the SNP take makes it more likely the Tories are the largest party and David Cameron returns to power by the back door."

Anytime I hear him on the tele it's the same vote SNP get David Cameron pish. Someone needs to tell Jim Murphy that the majority of us couldn't give a f**k who's PM.

Archived