Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bain was close but it was a very good penalty. I still think that clarkson incident is a bricker.

I thought he'd saved it, tbh.

Not sure the photos help much on the penalty call anyway.

In what way? If he's upended an attacker, through on goal?

You said, if there's contact it's a penalty, which is not true.

Nowhere did you once mention upending the attacker. There can be contact and still be a dive, which is what has obviously been decided by the referee, I haven't seen it again, but once I do, I'll make my mind up on it.

Some very intellectually-challenged Dundee supporters on here (unless they're on the wind-up, in which case I'm the intellectually-challenged one).

Don't discount the possibility of both. Just watched the highlights for the first time and would have to apologise to Madden for the amount of profanity I hurled in his direction during the game. Sitting in the main stand the Clarkson incident looked a no argument penalty and red card, but from the two angles shown I would have been furious if it had been given against Dundee. (About as furious as I was with the wee divey dab penalty earlier in the season and the wee divey sheep romancer penalty two seasons ago, both of which were given i hasten to add.) St. J penalty was correct, as obvious a shirt pull as you'll ever see from my seat, and they should have certainly had another penalty at the end of the first half. McPake is going to have to cut that out of his game or he is going to give penalties away left, right and centre. Certainly looks like the Stewart incident should have been a penalty and the angle that would provide conclusive proof about Easton's contact with the ball is useless as he is obscured by Boyle's body at the moment of contact so that one has to ride.

Chances created v chances converted ratio means Dundee only have themselves to blame for not winning the game, but ten points out of twelve is not to be sniffed at and I would fancy us for another one in a fortnight.

Big plus is that nobody got sent off. At one point in the first half I seriously thought we were going to end up with nine men on the park.

Archived