Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

Don't watch anything on that gif other than Mannus - total wipeout. The ref shat it.

Where's that petition?

Clarkson runs to his right watching the ball and Mannus moves to his left after missing the ball taking Clarkson out. Penalty. Thank you

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mate you were stating the commentator is always correct. f**k people on P&B as most are clueless fucks or despise Dundee and are at the wind-up.

No, I wasn't. I was just correcting your post in which you were implying that the only people who had trustworthy opinions were the ones who deemed it to be a stonewall penalty. You included the pundits as an example of people who are reliably informed, so I simply wanted to let you know that the commentator (who should be equally insightful) had the opposite opinion,

How many times, you can make contact with a player and it can still be a dive.

Aye in rugby, this is football we are talking about.

You can't. If the player makes contact with you and dives then obviously its a dive but YOU can't make contact with a opposition player and it not be a foul. A 50/50 is a different matter but were not talking about that as Clarkson got booked for simulation.

That's not my suggestion at all and you know it, you're just being pedantic. But are you suggesting if you make an attempt to play the ball in the box but catch the player its not a penalty?

Depends on the contact. If there is enough contact to take you down then yes, penalty. If there isn't much contact and you make the choice to go to ground instead of staying on your feet then that's a different story.

That's really the nub of this. I don't think Mannus intends to play Clarkson. If he'd hit him so hard that Clarkson can't possibly stay up then it's a penalty. I don't think that's the case though, I think Clarkson has a choice and he chooses to go down-or at least the way he goes down gives that impression. It certainly doesn't look like Mannus puts much force on to Clarkson's chest. His fall is as if he's been tripped by the legs rather than pushed/body checked over. I suspect that's why the ref went for a yellow.

If you look at it the other way-you'd be pretty raging if your keeper was sent off and you conceded a penalty when he's not made an attempt (IMO) to play the opponent and the opponent has gone down under limited contact.

If it had happened the other way around, I wouldn't be calling for a penalty. I would be shouting at the Saints player for being an idiot.

Give it a rest FFS. If it was the other way around you and your diddy mates would be screaming for a pen. End of.

Aye in rugby, this is football we are talking about.

You can't. If the player makes contact with you and dives then obviously its a dive but YOU can't make contact with a opposition player and it not be a foul. A 50/50 is a different matter but were not talking about that as Clarkson got booked for simulation.

The hell you on about. If a player deliberately runs into another or exaggerates contact it's not a foul. It is a dive. If you get a small tap on the shoulder and flop over, it's a dive. Just because there is contact doesn't mean it's a penalty.

Obviously you've become so seething by it all, you'll argue your flawed logic till the cows come home. So for that reason there's no point in this continuing.

Give it a rest FFS. If it was the other way around you and your diddy mates would be screaming for a pen. End of.

Not at all. The overreaction here is bordering on hilarious. Some Dundee supporters are saying it's the worst refereeing performance they've ever seen. There is at least one worse refereeing performance in this league every week.

No he never.

Aye. Aye he did. He said that the player went down far too easily.

Not at all. The overreaction here is bordering on hilarious. Some Dundee supporters are saying it's the worst refereeing performance they've ever seen. There is at least one worse refereeing performance in this league every week.

The ref in our home game v Celtic was far worse for instance

The hell you on about. If a player deliberately runs into another or exaggerates contact it's not a foul. It is a dive. If you get a small tap on the shoulder and flop over, it's a dive. Just because there is contact doesn't mean it's a penalty.

Obviously you've become so seething by it all, you'll argue your flawed logic till the cows come home. So for that reason there's no point in this continuing.

Fair enough. I'm talking about this incident though.

That's really the nub of this. I don't think Mannus intends to play Clarkson. If he'd hit him so hard that Clarkson can't possibly stay up then it's a penalty. I don't think that's the case though, I think Clarkson has a choice and he chooses to go down-or at least the way he goes down gives that impression. It certainly doesn't look like Mannus puts much force on to Clarkson's chest. His fall is as if he's been tripped by the legs rather than pushed/body checked over. I suspect that's why the ref went for a yellow.

Can Saintees stop going on about whether Mannus intended to or not as it's completely irrelevant.

Running at pace doesn't require massive contact to send you down. Mannus went for the ball, made a c**t of it and impeded Clarkson therefore it's a pen.

If there's a 50/50 challenge anywhere else on the pitch and the guy who wins the ball is wiped out, it's a foul. Madden shat it and took the bottler's option.

The referee has had 4 big decisions. Two penalty appeals from us and two from Dundee. It's obvious to everyone that has rational thinking that the two Dundee penalty appeals were the correct calls. He has obviously ballsed up on one of our appeals by not giving it, but even though we were on the wrong end of a poor refereeing decision, I understand it's part of the game and getting 3 out of the 4 decisions correct is an acceptable standard especially in the face of blatant cheating and attempts to trick him by the Dundee players.

Run along and try your shite trolling elsewhere, Its tedious and embarrassing TBH.

Easton clearly should have gone too - an incident not shown on the highlights last night.

I don't actually think the McPake shove was a penalty either, hardly touched him and Graham was never going to get near the ball which was straight into Bain's arms.

It's a clear penalty. I don't know why you're all trying to debate with St Johnstone fans who will clearly say black is white and not accept reasoning or facts.

I'm done with this thread as it's going round in circles. Onto the Celtic game.

Archived