6-0 v 0-6

CowdenLoyal

I'd go for Gav's team.

Would be temped to play Shepherd on the other side though, moving Alston in to the middle and dropping Taiwo.

I just don't see it in Sheppard to be honest.

Good impact sub once the space opens up.

Another season in the development league will do him the world of good.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MacDonald

Duffie

Vaulks

Grant

Leahy

Alston

Taiwo

Sibbald

Cooper

Botti

Loy

Early goal for us usually wins the game against the Beef.

Is Gav really Houstie in disguise?

With the team selected we will score but can we defend? 4 - 2 for the Bairns

Two snippets from today - one of the worst misses ever by Falkirk player near the end. The ball is gently rolled towards him with the Cowden defence stranded. 6 yards out and it Is a tap in. He somehow blazes it over the bar. Also seemed to me that when the offside flag went up near the end as the ball rolled toward the Falkirk keeper the ref waved play on. The goalie then let the ball run past him to waste time, It then rolled into the net and the ref then changed his mind to spare his blushes and gave the offside. That's what it looked like but maybe the goalie heard the ref whistle.

Two snippets from today - one of the worst misses ever by Falkirk player near the end. The ball is gently rolled towards him with the Cowden defence stranded. 6 yards out and it Is a tap in. He somehow blazes it over the bar. Also seemed to me that when the offside flag went up near the end as the ball rolled toward the Falkirk keeper the ref waved play on. The goalie then let the ball run past him to waste time, It then rolled into the net and the ref then changed his mind to spare his blushes and gave the offside. That's what it looked like but maybe the goalie heard the ref whistle.

Would have been funny if the ref gave the goal. Sounds like a booking for time wasting to me though.

The ref blew before the ball entered the net, but I agree, he seemed to blow to avoid the awkward situation.

Blunder by McDonald as I saw it.

The ref blew before the ball entered the net, but I agree, he seemed to blow to avoid the awkward situation.

Blunder by McDonald as I saw it.

Exactly right.

I think McKendrick bottled it as he did on a few occasions beforehand. That should have counted because he didn't blow for the offside as he thought McDonald was going to clear it. He only blew after McDonald fluffed it but certainly before the ball was over the line.

1237 at the game

says it all. one third of the league crowd. pathetic.

we played alright and started to tire in the final third of the game. unfortunately due to 7 missing we didnt have much on the bench and this was our downfall as we needed fresh legs before the goal. a game we could easily have got a replay from but falkirk were slightly the better team without being great.

number 2 for falkirk is not a falkirk standard of player, very uncomfortable on the ball. weak link.

The fact that it was a cup tie maintained the interest throughout, although it was never exhilarating.

Cowdenbeath played their system really well.

I have always been impressed with Milne, but thought that Marshall was outstanding playing in front of the defence.

Smith's miss was incredible. It has to be the worst one I have seen live.

The only possible excuse is that Shepherd's presence put him off, but that's stretching it a bit.

Sibbald was excellent, as he was against Alloa last week.

says it all. one third of the league crowd. pathetic.

we played alright and started to tire in the final third of the game. unfortunately due to 7 missing we didnt have much on the bench and this was our downfall as we needed fresh legs before the goal. a game we could easily have got a replay from but falkirk were slightly the better team without being great.

number 2 for falkirk is not a falkirk standard of player, very uncomfortable on the ball. weak link.

Kieran duffie... His first game this season after a long injury lay off...he did lack confidence taking his man on...at one time he was arguably our best player

Archived