Annan - Brechin City

Solway Star

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's weather with you guys? Any chance of problems,few thinking of

coming up to see game and wondering what the possibility of game being off is!

Quite cold just now but the temps are due to rise for a while tomorrow.

We had the covers on the pitch at the end of last week as a precaution but it didn't get as cold as expected.

Game should go ahead as the pitch is perfect at the moment.

Quite cold just now but the temps are due to rise for a while tomorrow.

We had the covers on the pitch at the end of last week as a precaution but it didn't get as cold as expected.

Game should go ahead as the pitch is perfect at the moment.

what about the next moment?

How often are buses from Dundee to Brechin?

Never. Got to go to Montrose first and then connect there for a very sporadic bus (i.e. one an hour) during the evenings. Doubt this post will be of any use at this late hour, but you never know.

Eta: The traveline site is superb for public transport planning btw. My away days pretty much revolve around it: http://www.travelinescotland.com/

Comfortable win but still left the Glebe a bit underwhelmed with what was on show. Jacko was clinical and put us on easy street, we could have had a few more but the final ball always let us down. Defensively we are still over the place and almost let Annan back into a game that they were never really in.

Crowd was 224 apparently. Wasn't a great attendance by any stretch of the imagination (numerous factors for this obviously) but didn't look any less than our usual league crowds where there is a small away support (was there any Annan fans up tonight?). In fact it's been a couple of years since I've seen a sub 400 crowd reported at the Glebe.

Don t know wether my glass is half empty or full after that , on easy street at half time by Jacko getting some well deserved overdue goals !!We miss a couple chances then slip back into our shells and play defensive roulette , stray passes , wrong options ! Annan take their chances and had they converted one of their half chances at 4 2 I dare say we d ve collapsed, then last 5 mins we finish well and might have scored a couple more ! Great to see Jacko get a hat trick his effort all season deserves it I do often bemoan his lack of goals so credit where it's due!

I also agree with Steve it was a poor crowd but Defo more than 224 , nearer 400 I d say ? Maybe committee Don t want to half gate receipts ha ha..... I think the club should look at this before it gets really bad, there are youngsters goin it's more the middle aged support we re missing ? Unbeaten in 9 games and usually goals so entertainment is generally provided. Perhaps school visitations or Open a Days maybe ???

Archived