Aye, because the correct time to try and judge how a team feels about you is when they've just lost a promotion decider.

Going by that logic I am looking forward to our derby with Alloa next year. Sure to be an enthralling contest.

I've never seen a team long to be noticed so much.

Get off you muppet.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you all think good thoughts about us while you're on the journey home after a loss in Stranraer.

Why would Dunfermline fans be thinking about Cowdenbeath when we'd just been beaten by Stranraer? You're making absolutely no sense here.

Get off you muppet.

I'm going to guess that Cowdenbeath fans are fully aware as to what an open forum is seeing as they're all over Dunfermline threads every week.

Why would Dunfermline fans be thinking about Cowdenbeath when we'd just been beaten by Stranraer? You're making absolutely no sense here.

I'm going to guess that Cowdenbeath fans are fully aware as to what an open forum is seeing as they're all over Dunfermline threads every week.[/quote

Have you nothing better to do? You'd think we were rivals.

You're making a bit of a dick of this. I've never seen supporters of a team trying as hard not to be bothered about getting screwed by their wee pub team neighbours. Twice!

We got beat, it happens. We got shafted by Alloa the season before just as bad and I hold no grudges over that. We are where are and we deserve to be there, anyone still mulling on a loss over half a year later has issues.

At the time of the game I wasn't even in the country(wasn't due back in for another two months afterwards) so that probably helps.

We got beat, it happens. We got shafted by Alloa the season before just as bad and I hold no grudges over that. We are where are and we deserve to be there, anyone still mulling on a loss over half a year later has issues.

At the time of the game I wasn't even in the country(wasn't due back in for another two months afterwards) so that probably helps.

im gutted you missed it.

We can all see how so not bothered you were by it. Now go and play with your train set.

To be fair all 7000 of you didnt look bothered at all when we were 3nil up in May.

To be fair all 7000 of you didnt look bothered at all when we were 3nil up in May

To be fair all 7000 of you didnt look bothered at all when we were 3nil up in May.

:lol:

Have you seen the goals? Here you go :

Have you seen the goals? Here you go :

When it panned round to the away end I thought it was going to be pretty full, what with it being a playoff game against another Fife team.

cornette.pngcornette.pngcornette.png

To think you lot slagged our away support off for "only" being 1900 or whatever it was for a run of the mill Championship game.

cornette.png

I can see why you're all lording it up over Pars fans just now. You just need to look at that video to see Cowdenbeath won't spend much time in the future above Dunfermline.

I can see why you're all lording it up over Pars fans just now. You just need to look at that video to see Cowdenbeath won't spend much time in the future above Dunfermline.

Agreed. Crowd sizes determines where your league position is.

Remind me how many times in the last 5 years Hibs have finished relative to their average home gates of being the 4th or 5th largest supported club in the country.

Remind me how many times in the last 5 years Hibs have finished relative to their average home gates of being the 4th or 5th largest supported club in the country.

Not always but as a general rule, it often will.

It's why Dunfermline have to be at their lowest point in living memory and Cowden have to be enjoying the halcyon days of being the second tier's cannon fodder for you to be above them for a few seasons. I'd bet my right nut that Cowdenbeath's total number of years above Dunfermline for the rest of my life is less than five.

Bore off

Believe me I wouldn't be indulging in a crowd size debate with Cowdenbeath fans if they didn't start with all this pish about "lolol, Dunfermline bring more than you".

I take it all back after seeing that video. A 2-1 win away to Cowdenbeath actually is a bad result.

You're right that your crowd size doesn't directly decide where you'll finish in the league, or indeed what league you're in. However, if you only have a few hundred fans at a local derby playoff game you aren't going anywhere without a sugar daddy, apart from maybe the odd season here and there in the second tier.

Crowd sizes dictate that Cowden will spend most of their remaining days in the bottom two divisions. As much as Dunfermline calling themselves "the big team" is an absolute hoot, they won't be.

Anyway there's nothing Cowden can do about it so it's not worth taking the piss over, but maybe it's a good reason for Cowden fans not to initiate crowd wanks with other teams.

Archived