• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see some Hibs fans appreciate how difficult it is for a Club like cowdenbeath to improve their stadium on the basis of 6 decent gates this season.

If the SPFL were for all the

Clubs, they would have not renegotiated the TV contract this season to give the Premier Clubs 80% of the increase. Cowdens and the championship clubs share of the increased TV deal will be about £2000 each.

Instead SPFL are happy to see us getting slagged off and not lifting a finger to help. Maybe that's what gordon strachan meant by manipulation to get the big teams back in. Just starve the wee teams of cash and it will happen.

Even the media are at it. Some reporter tart in the sun today talking about hibs fans paying £18 to stand on a grassy bank !!!!!

If she wants to peddle to stereotypes, she should stay in on a Sat and cook her mans tea.

Rant over !

It's seen as a big game for the Pars.

Naw it's no.

Shows how far the Pars have fallen when Cowdenbeath is considered a rivalry.

Naw it isn'y.

You've got to feel sorry for the Pars fans.

Aye you should.

Aye. Those seaside leagues with uncovered terraces can be a right c**t.

Stadiums in this league are pretty decent tbf, only uncovered terrace I can think of is Peterhead, even then you have a covered stand with a brilliant view.

Glad to see some Hibs fans appreciate how difficult it is for a Club like cowdenbeath to improve their stadium on the basis of 6 decent gates this season.

If the SPFL were for all the

Clubs, they would have not renegotiated the TV contract this season to give the Premier Clubs 80% of the increase. Cowdens and the championship clubs share of the increased TV deal will be about £2000 each.

Instead SPFL are happy to see us getting slagged off and not lifting a finger to help. Maybe that's what gordon strachan meant by manipulation to get the big teams back in. Just starve the wee teams of cash and it will happen.

Even the media are at it. Some reporter tart in the sun today talking about hibs fans paying £18 to stand on a grassy bank !!!!!

If she wants to peddle to stereotypes, she should stay in on a Sat and cook her mans tea.

Rant over !

No Hibs fans paid £18 to stand on a grassy bank - they had south terrace tickets and should have been standing on the concrete terrace but chose to go walkabout and stood on the disused embankments - no problem if they want to do so but they didn't need to.

Naw it's no.

Naw it isn'y.

Aye you should.

Stadiums in this league are pretty decent tbf, only uncovered terrace I can think of is Peterhead, even then you have a covered stand with a brilliant view.

Hmm I have been at matches in last couple of years where fans stood on uncovered terracing at Forfar, Brechin, and Ayr. Then, weren't the more modern all-seater stadiums in League One really only built by using creditors money that was never repaid?

Hmm I have been at matches in last couple of years where fans stood on uncovered terracing at Forfar, Brechin, and Ayr. Then, weren't the more modern all-seater stadiums in League One really only built by using creditors money that was never repaid?

Never been to Brechin, you have a choice of covered terracing at both Ayr and Forfar though, and I'm sure you have covered seating at Brechin?

As far as I'm aware the most modern all seated stadium gets rent payed for it's use of 40, 000 every year, pretty sure those payments are bang up to date and certainly, the football club has no outstanding debts to it.

Never been to Brechin, you have a choice of covered terracing at both Ayr and Forfar though, and I'm sure you have covered seating at Brechin?

As far as I'm aware the most modern all seated stadium gets rent payed for it's use of 40, 000 every year, pretty sure those payments are bang up to date and certainly, the football club has no outstanding debts to it.

You seem to struggle with sticking to the point. You suggested only Peterhead had an uncovered terrace when at least 3 other clubs have these. Secondly, you evade the point entirely for the second point, so this stadium you speak of all the debt associated with building it in the first place was repaid in full - no-one lost a penny?

You seem to struggle with sticking to the point. You suggested only Peterhead had an uncovered terrace when at least 3 other clubs have these. Secondly, you evade the point entirely for the second point, so this stadium you speak of all the debt associated with building it in the first place was repaid in full - no-one lost a penny?

Hate sticking up for a Townie but I think Grant was meaning Peterhead was the only ground which didn't have any covered terracing, although Stirling Albion also have uncovered terracing which is rarely used.

All the other's (apart from EEP and Airdrie which of course are all seated) have a mixture of covered and uncovered terracing.

Well let's look at the facts - Cowden and Dunfermline are the traditional derby rivals. East Fife and Raith Rovers are then the traditional rivals in the other Fife derby. If teams though don't play each other regularly due to differing status levels then they tend to look for other 'derby' rivals thus DA v RR became a bigger deal for a time. However, any Fife team playing another is a derby whilst DA v Falkirk is not really a derby - even though their rivalry has seen folks trying to reinvent it as some sort of derby.

All 4 of the Fife teams have been the biggest or most successful club at different times and Dunfermline's dominance from the inception of the SPL to a couple of years ago is undermined by their financial excesses and ultimate administration. There was an examination of this in the Cowdenbeath programme which undertook an analysis back to 1874/75 and concluded that Fife's top club, Fife Champions, if you like per season had been Dunfermline Athletic 41 times (including a 16 years in a row sequence in the period leading up to Administration), Raith Rovers 36, Cowdenbeath 26, East Fife 18, Dunfermline 8, Lochgelly United 2 and Lassodie 1.

You seem to struggle with sticking to the point. You suggested only Peterhead had an uncovered terrace when at least 3 other clubs have these. Secondly, you evade the point entirely for th

second point, so this stadium you speak of all the debt associated with building it in the first place was repaid in full - no-one lost a penny?

I don't at all, I suggested that Peterhead was the only one which didn't give you the chance to be under a covered terrace. The other Cowdenbeath fan seemed to grasp this with no difficulties at all, I'm genuinely not sure why you're struggling so much with it.

I'd imagine that seeing as Dunfermline went through administration, I can say with a degree of relative certainty that people lost money, I thought that was pretty simple to grasp but hey, you might've missed that event.

Certainly seeing as CVA(genuinely not sure if that is the right term!) was passed it would indicate enough people were happy enough with what they were to receive and moved on. Genuinely unsure as to why you've taken it upon yourself to be offended, how odd.

Well let's look at the facts - Cowden and Dunfermline are the traditional derby rivals. East Fife and Raith Rovers are then the traditional rivals in the other Fife derby. If teams though don't play each other regularly due to differing status levels then they tend to look for other 'derby' rivals thus DA v RR became a bigger deal for a time. However, any Fife team playing another is a derby whilst DA v Falkirk is not really a derby - even though their rivalry has seen folks trying to reinvent it as some sort of derby.

All 4 of the Fife teams have been the biggest or most successful club at different times and Dunfermline's dominance from the inception of the SPL to a couple of years ago is undermined by their financial excesses and ultimate administration. There was an examination of this in the Cowdenbeath programme which undertook an analysis back to 1874/75 and concluded that Fife's top club, Fife Champions, if you like per season had been Dunfermline Athletic 41 times (including a 16 years in a row sequence in the period leading up to Administration), Raith Rovers 36, Cowdenbeath 26, East Fife 18, Dunfermline 8, Lochgelly United 2 and Lassodie 1.

The Dunfermline-Cowdenbeath rivalry is genuinely the most one sided rivalry in the whole of Scotland, you'll have to go searching real deep for any pars fan that would have them as our biggest rivals, as far as I'm aware there isn't any. I've found that many (like myself) have a fondness for Cowdenbeath and like to see them doing well. That isn't much of a rivalry.

Raith is a much bigger deal, and to those of a younger generation who grew up without Raith I even prefer beating Falkirk.

I was counting the rest in halbeath road looking into our stand aswell!

Im certain they were giving us the thumbs up and im sure they were saying 'well done cowden, we all have a soft spot for you'.

To be fair all 7000 of you didnt look bothered at all when we were 3nil up in May.

Aye, because the correct time to try and judge how a team feels about you is when they've just lost a promotion decider.

Going by that logic I am looking forward to our derby with Alloa next year. Sure to be an enthralling contest.

I've never seen a team long to be noticed so much.

Aye, because the correct time to try and judge how a team feels about you is when they've just lost a promotion decider.

Going by that logic I am looking forward to our derby with Alloa next year. Sure to be an enthralling contest.

I've never seen a team long to be noticed so much.

I'm sure you all think good thoughts about us while you're on the journey home after a loss in Stranraer.

Archived