Looks like Catalonia didnt Sh1te it.

John Lambies Doos

Catalonians are clearly vile seperatists who absolutely despise the Spanish and all they stand for, they are only wanting independence because of their vile hatred of Spain and dont realise that Spain should rule them as they know best. I mean imagine wanting Catalonians to rule Catalonia that is crazy what are these deranged lunatics thinking?!?!?!

Also what will Catalonia do WITHOUT ANY OIL???? :o They have none to even run out. How will they be able to survive as a nation by putting up these barriers for themselves? Them wanting to rule themselves will mean that all the businesses they have will have to move across the border and into Spain....well thats if they make it through border control!!! :shutup

This really is troubling news, lets hope all Catalonians take a back step and realise they might actually have to witness slight change IF they were to go independent, I mean could they handle these changes as a nation? I hope for their sake they just crawl back into their box and forget about all this independence malarky, an independent Catalonia is a UTOPIA, a dream that should never happen. Lets hope that their masters Spain forgive them for this and dont punish them to badly for stepping out of line. :unsure2:

#Pray4Catalonia

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Catalonians are clearly vile seperatists who absolutely despise the Spanish and all they stand for, they are only wanting independence because of their vile hatred of Spain and dont realise that Spain should rule them as they know best. I mean imagine wanting Catalonians to rule Catalonia that is crazy what are these deranged lunatics thinking?!?!?!

Also what will Catalonia do WITHOUT ANY OIL???? :o They have none to even run out. How will they be able to survive as a nation by putting up these barriers for themselves? Them wanting to rule themselves will mean that all the businesses they have will have to move across the border and into Spain....well thats if they make it through border control!!! :shutup

This really is troubling news, lets hope all Catalonians take a back step and realise they might actually have to witness slight change IF they were to go independent, I mean could they handle these changes as a nation? I hope for their sake they just crawl back into their box and forget about all this indepence malarky, an independent Catalonia is a UTOPIA, a dream that should never happen. Lets hope that their masters Spain forgive them for this and dont punish them to badly for stepping out of line. :unsure2:

#Pray4Catalonia

I see you're having trouble dealing with the fact Scotland was given the opportunity by the UK state to hold a legally binding referendum in which we voted to remain in the union. Catalonians have not been given this opportunity by their state to hold a legally binding referendum. If they did get one they'd undoubtedly vote to leave. The main problem for our separatists is that they are in a minority here and they can't handle this. They were given everything on a plate, question, timing, voting franchise etc etc. And they still lost even after two years of obsessing.

Easy to be brave when there is no danger of Spain or the EU actually agreeing to it. Nobody has to worry about stuff like what happens to their pension. The next one to watch is Veneto in Italy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venetian_independence_referendum,_2014

because Italy might not be so hardline about territorial indivisibility as the Spanish tend to be.

Easy to be brave when there is no danger of Spain or the EU actually agreeing to it. Nobody has to worry about stuff like what happens to their pension. The next one to watch is Veneto in Italy:

because Italy might not be so hardline about territorial indivisibility as the Spanish tend to be.

Brave and mildly disinterested.

I see you're having trouble dealing with the fact Scotland was given the opportunity by the UK state to hold a legally binding referendum in which we voted to remain in the union. Catalonians have not been given this opportunity by their state to hold a legally binding referendum. If they did get one they'd undoubtedly vote to leave. The main problem for our separatists is that they are in a minority here and they can't handle this. They were given everything on a plate, question, timing, voting franchise etc etc. And they still lost even after two years of obsessing.

I think it was a tounge and cheek reference to the vile negative biased media coverage that the Brit State spouted before our referendum, causing some Scots to sh!te it.

I think it was a tounge and cheek reference to the vile negative biased media coverage that the Brit State spouted before our referendum, causing some Scots to sh!te it.

Oh ok. Maybe if Salmond had held it a lot sooner instead of waiting nearly two years then this sort of crud build up wouldn't have happened and the yes side would have cruised to a well deserved victory? We'll never know..

Edited by Reynard

Im not having any trouble with it at all, whatsoever.

In my opinion it will happen within my lifetime. Feel sorry for some of the older folk who will most likely never see it though. Shite for them, was never going to happen 1st time round.

This. Pretty sure if Scotland held a referendum on a similar basis the outcome would be fairly similar. Turnout under 2 million, if you're a No voter what's the point in turning up to vote against something you know isn't going to happen anyway?

This. Pretty sure if Scotland held a referendum on a similar basis the outcome would be fairly similar. Turnout under 2 million, if you're a No voter what's the point in turning up to vote against something you know isn't going to happen anyway?

I agree.

The half that didn't vote would probably have similar percentages in favour of remaining in the Spanish Union. I suppose the fake referendum shows that there is substantial support for Catalan Independence and this should perhaps be asked to their people formally. I suspect that vote would be a lot narrower.

Pity for the Catalonians that they don't live in an excellent democracy like we are fortunate to do.

This is the interesting bit, not whether it would be Yes or No.

How will Spain continue to justify their non compliance with a democratic process that the Catalan govt have the mandate to undertake?

They can hide behind the constitution for so long but I don't see this going away.

This is the interesting bit, not whether it would be Yes or No.

How will Spain continue to justify their non compliance with a democratic process that the Catalan govt have the mandate to undertake?

They can hide behind the constitution for so long but I don't see this going away.

What do you foresee happening?

And what difference will this make to your life?

Edited by Reynard