Game of Thrones Telltale Game

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Average score for a game in reviews is about 8.

Checked this for my own interest.

Average scores for Xbox games vary per publication (as recorded on Metacritic) from 87% to 57%.

The median average between publications is 73/74%.

Ep6 of GoT is currently sitting on 89% on Metacritic, btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I'll get the second season of this tbh.

The quality of each episode varies immensely, the wait time between episodes is absolutely huge considering you can rifle through an episode in a couple of hours at most, I loathed all the shoehorning in of canon GoT characters (honestly; it frustrated me that rather than sparingly using characters so that interacting with them felt special, it was almost constantly "Oh hey, QUEEN CERCEI would like to talk to you - but not until you've had a chat with TYRION LANNISTER first though!" in Kings Landing followed by "JON SNOW will see you now" at the wall and so on and so on; making it a squabble between two minor houses is fine and makes sense, as it gives leeway to flesh out their own characters with that SoiaF flavour while creating their own plotlines against a backdrop of whats happening elsewhere), making Ramsay a major antagonist is pointless if you're up to speed with how the canon goes, the choices tend to be pretty cosmetic at best (although one choice in the penultimate episode, near the end, was interesting because it was a way to kind of choose your own narrative - I picked what felt more satisfying to me, personally, but it was a tricky choice) but really its rather linear because there's only so much "branching out" your choices can do before they have to hit a reset button and bring all players up to broadly the same point...

I don't know how to explain it... I like *some* of what they're trying to do, but games like this live and die by how much impact player choices really have on the game as a whole, and what I found with this and TWD Season Two is that the choices don't make a jot of difference apart from the choices made in the very last episode.

Archived