St Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

TheScarf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of ICT's possession and attempts on goal Ridgers didn't have many saves to make. Certainly the better team but their final ball and decision making was poor. We were maybe let off the hook but Thompson was a bawhair away from scoring in the 2nd half, I think that would have put us 2 up iirc.

I think we'll need a huge slice of luck to be involved in the next round.

Pretty fair assessment of the game so far. I thought we were very poor in the first half. We struggled to create anything of note and Saint Mirren maintained an intense pressing game and didn't give us much time to settle on the ball. Williams and Ross in particular seemed to be struggling on the ball and on a good few occasions we passed the ball straight out of play such was our disjointed performance. We seemed to be playing extremely narrow. Williams and Ross at times were tucked in alongside Vincent and Draper. Any width came from Shinnie and Raven who had next to no help to try and stretch the Buddies back line.

Disappointing goal to concede. We didn't clear the corner and when the ball appeared on the opposite flank from where the corner was taken a nice wee cut back found McAusland and he spun and buried the ball beyond Brill.

We were certainly better in the second half but as has been mentioned above we struggled when we got into the final third with a number of wayward shots sent high over the bar from good positions or simply a final ball that was lacking in quality which never got close to its intended target. Thankfully we did get an equaliser. Saints couldn't clear a corner this time and after four or five attempts at goal, all of which were blocked, Meekings smashed the ball into the net. Thereafter we continued to dominate but still couldn't really create many clear cut chances. When your best efforts are falling to your right back you know something isn't clicking up front.

We finished the game with 4 passengers that have played in most games this season hence our League position. If Thommo, Osborne and McGinn are rested for next week's League game then we do not have a hope in hell of getting anything on Tuesday. Goodwin may be back but that just decreases the passenger count to 3. Squad is simply not good enough. Hope there is a clearout in January but doubt it.

For all of ICT's possession and attempts on goal Ridgers didn't have many saves to make. Certainly the better team but their final ball and decision making was poor. We were maybe let off the hook but Thompson was a bawhair away from scoring in the 2nd half, I think that would have put us 2 up iirc.

I think we'll need a huge slice of luck to be involved in the next round.

The main reason Rodgers had sod all to do was be a use Caley Thistle's finishing was atrocious. Raven should have had a hat trick.

We finished the game with 4 passengers that have played in most games this season hence our League position. If Thommo, Osborne and McGinn are rested for next week's League game then we do not have a hope in hell of getting anything on Tuesday. Goodwin may be back but that just decreases the passenger count to 3. Squad is simply not good enough. Hope there is a clearout in January but doubt it.

We'd be better clearing out the man who selects them...

Disappointing to have to replay. Would have preferred a result either way yesterday.

Archived