Classic Shit Pub Songs,Singers & Cabaret Acts

Mobile discos are the same- playing the same old shite each fecking Christmas Party. They stick on late 60s/glam era stuff for the older guys at work and new shite for the kids but never anything good for people of my age (early 40s). I think we're meant to be at home looking after the kids or something.

Oh, and mentioning shite cabaret acts I once saw Christian singing on a Sunday evening in a pub near Glasgow' Theatre Royal...

Yeah, those guys seem to have a playlist that they won't deviate from regardless of how the night's going. Went to a wedding a while back where the bride, groom and probably three-quarters of the 200 people in the room were metalheads. The DJ had assured them ahead of time he'd no problem with playing a lot of rock - they'd even burnt up a bunch of mix CDs for him if he didn't actually own much of that sort of stuff.

He pitched up and started playing his usual routine - basically nearly every song that's been mentioned so far. A few people went up and requested specific things to be told "Och no, I don't play that kind of thing - people won't like it - I know what the punters want", completely oblivious to the fact that the dancefloor was deserted, and that a roomful of longhairs was beginning to growl at him. Eventually after about an hour of this, the wedding party had to take him aside and get him telt.

Forever in Blue Jeans, and just about any other Neil Diamond song you can think of.

My cousin is a DJ/Cabaret Singer/Karaoke host. Doesn't have the greatest voice but he can carry a tune, makes sure he knows his audience, and has a decent bit of patter(Unless you have seen him before, in which case you can have a conversation with him without him actually being there). The job itself is a piece of piss if you don't take yourself too seriously, and if you have low(in his case no) standards you'll never go short of a bed for the night.

Yeah, those guys seem to have a playlist that they won't deviate from regardless of how the night's going. Went to a wedding a while back where the bride, groom and probably three-quarters of the 200 people in the room were metalheads. The DJ had assured them ahead of time he'd no problem with playing a lot of rock - they'd even burnt up a bunch of mix CDs for him if he didn't actually own much of that sort of stuff.

He pitched up and started playing his usual routine - basically nearly every song that's been mentioned so far. A few people went up and requested specific things to be told "Och no, I don't play that kind of thing - people won't like it - I know what the punters want", completely oblivious to the fact that the dancefloor was deserted, and that a roomful of longhairs was beginning to growl at him. Eventually after about an hour of this, the wedding party had to take him aside and get him telt.

My mate's wedding was kind of the same. He played those "stars on 45" cd's most of the night, also playing "somebody that i used to know", and when asked to play "loch lomond" he said it wasn't on his playlist.

My mate's wedding was kind of the same. He played those "stars on 45" cd's most of the night, also playing "somebody that i used to know", and when asked to play "loch lomond" he said it wasn't on his playlist.

I don't blame him. I played Loch Lomond once and got beat 5-1.

Yeah, those guys seem to have a playlist that they won't deviate from regardless of how the night's going.

I used to work in a nightclub where we had a Friday night 'DJ' which everybody called Shit Tunes Dave. It was the exact same set - in order. I got to the point where I would be thinking "f***, we're only at Summer of 69, still got over an hour to go before I finish my shift :( '

Worst bit was that he stood up on his podium making it look like he was mixing stuff and taking requests. If your song wasn't on what I presume was a pre-recorded CD then you weren't getting it.

Archived