Classic Shit Pub Songs,Singers & Cabaret Acts

I've just returned from a weeks holiday in Tenerife.

Wandering around at night, it quickly became very apparent how many totally pish acts there were in many of the bars, totally crucifying the same old songs.

It seems that there's a book of favourites, which these cabaret acts murder on a nightly basis.

Worst thing is, these fucking tunes seem to find their way back into your head when you're trying to sleep at night!

Here are a few classics which I fucking hate ,even when sung properly, feel free to add yours

Brown Eyed Girl

Lady In Red

Just Wanna Dance The Night Away

Also feel free to name and shame and pish acts you've witnessed home or abroad

PS. Mods, please don't move to Music Forum, as if anything, this is anti-music

Might as well add some of the karaoke classics; Angels, Sweet Caroline, The Power of Love and the obligatory drunk couple getting up and doing one or other of Meat Loaf's Paradise By The Dashboard Light or Dead Ringer For Love.

Any one of the above guaranteed to make your scrotum want to migrate back where it came from.

Might as well add some of the karaoke classics; Angels, Sweet Caroline, The Power of Love and the obligatory drunk couple getting up and doing one or other of Meat Loaf's Paradise By The Dashboard Light or Dead Ringer For Love.

Any one of the above guaranteed to make your scrotum want to migrate back where it came from.

When she's finished celebrating her birthday there will be someone along with something to say on this matter.

I used to do Karaoke nights many years back in the late 90's in pubs etc around the central belt and there was a guy every time I was at a pub in Falkirk, think it was called Firkins would come up and absolutely murder Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel, despite the entire boozer telling him he sounded like a hyena being disemboweled with a sword.

Every fucking week he sung it for about two months before I lied to him and said the disc was fucked (pre laptop days kids 8) )

I cant listen to that song ever now :(

I remember seeing an act called China blue. They were brutal. The guy on keyboard kept making weird facial expressions. Couldn't work out if there was something wrong with him or if he was trying to inject a bit of comedy into the act.

Mobile discos are the same- playing the same old shite each fecking Christmas Party. They stick on late 60s/glam era stuff for the older guys at work and new shite for the kids but never anything good for people of my age (early 40s). I think we're meant to be at home looking after the kids or something.

Oh, and mentioning shite cabaret acts I once saw Christian singing on a Sunday evening in a pub near Glasgow' Theatre Royal...

Archived