Dave Whelan in anti-semitic row

WullieBroonIsGod

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mario Balotelli's adopted family are Jewish and he is, I think I'm safe to say, a black man.

...and how long were you going to sit on this information? :o

In fairness to the lad, it's possible to be a self-loathing racist, so there's hope of a transfer to Wigan yet.

Im not really sure what's funny about that?

It's possibly the cutesiest racist term I've heard, certainly in a long time. Reminds me of Reg Hunter talking about 'jungle bunnies'.

Also, the man seems completely unable to open his mouth without digging a deeper hole for himself, which is pretty :lol: by itself.

In fairness to the guy, it's what he said he called the Chinese restaurant near him when he was growing up.

Back in those days that might well have been the nicest way any minority was ever referred to.

Of course him still having that attitude is wrong but he shares it with the majority of pensioners imo.

In fairness to the guy, it's what he said he called the Chinese restaurant near him when he was growing up.

Back in those days that might well have been the nicest way any minority was ever referred to.

Of course him still having that attitude is wrong but he shares it with the majority of pensioners imo.

Aye, 'Chinky' was all the rage until a couple of decades ago. I grew up thinking it was just what you called some restaurants; didn't realise for years that it was an ethnic slur.

He seems quite determined that he's not saying anything wrong, which is quite the facepalm. All this "nobody used to mind, back in my day" stuff is just embarrassing. You're hardly likely to complain when it's commonplace to use terminology that singles you out as different.

I'm not shocked by this latest story one bit. Here's how it is: Dave Whelan is a 78 year old man. He is an old fashioned dinosaur. He grew up at a time when "chingalings" was the norm. I'd imagine most people over the age of 70 still use racist terms because for them back in their time it was normal and they don't see anything wrong with it. It is of course absolutely unacceptable to use such terms. I don't find what he is saying shocking though, I'm just surprised he's stupid enough to say these things to the media.

The best thing old Dave can do is to keep his mouth shut. He's from a different generation to most of us.

Who doesn't love a penny or two? The Jews have more than most, always been that way and always will. Although the Arabic brothers are catching them up. Maybe they'll join forces and spread the wealth around!

Not fucking likely!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived