Georgia v Scotland - Fri 4th September

callum-ayr

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the fact it's Georgia away that is worrying me, it's the timing of the game. Had this been earlier on in the campaign it wouldn't have been as big an issue.

Around the same time as the last time we played them in terms of during the campaign.

I was worried about Georgia as well until I noticed that they were fucking woeful. Not even remotely worried now.

They've played well so far in this campaign, (2 very late goals against Poland made that game seem more one sided than it was). We were pretty poor against ROI and Gibraltar so I'm worried too.

Despite my personal annoyance that out of form/lack of playing time players are favoured this will be the team I would select for Friday:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Mulgrew - Based on Ireland Game

Robertson

D Fletcher

Brown

Morrison

Naismith

Maloney

Fletcher

For some reason fans hate Darren Fletcher these days but if he is fit, playing every week for West Brom I don't see why he shouldn't bet getting starts for Scotland, if only for his experience.

The actual team that will be selected will most likely see new Love Child Matt Ritchie In the 11 and OAP Greer as well

Got more nervous for this as the days go on, was always confident looking at this game and thought folk were worrying far too much about them. They're ranked 154 in the world below the power houses of Hong Kong, Puerto Rico and Vietnam. You don't end up there by accident.

Was looking at their previous results, they don't lose by a lot of goals bar two games against Poland and in one of they games it was 3 late goals which flattered Poland

Fri 06/09/13 WQE Georgia 0 - 0

France

Tue 10/09/13 WQE Georgia 0 - 1 FinlandTue 15/10/13 WQE Spain 2 - 0 Georgia Sun 07/09/14 ECQ Georgia 1-2 ROISat 11/10/14 ECQ Scotland 1 - 0 GeorgiaSun 29/03/15 ECQ Georgia 0 - 2 GermanyTue 09/06/15 FRI Georgia 1 - 2 Ukraine

They never disgrace themselves that's for sure but don't seem to score many goals. If we can just get that first goal they that might be what it just takes. Going 1 down and we could have big problems, they proved hard enough to break down at Ibrox

Another thing about the rankings is that the further you go down, it becomes really hard to come back up, particularly in Europe it seems. As you showed, Georgia have lost every game bar a draw against France. They'll have got decent points from that one, but absolutely nothing from the rest. Meanwhile, all the powerhouses around them, like Hong Kong, Puerto Rico and Vietnam, are all picking up points. Not loads, but some. Which is always better than nothing. For example, Vietnam played 16 matches, 7 of which were competitive. They won 8 of them. Not sure how many would've counted to rankings, but again it's still more than 0. Plus Georgia drew the diddy short straw by having Gibraltar as the pot 6 side in our group. Had it been San Marino, results against them would count towards FIFA rankings, against Gib they don't.

So taking them by their FIFA ranking is flawed. We should still beat them, but they're not the massive diddies some are making them out to be.

Despite my personal annoyance that out of form/lack of playing time players are favoured this will be the team I would select for Friday:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Robertson

D Fletcher

Brown

Morrison

Naismith

Maloney

Fletcher

For some reason fans hate Darren Fletcher these days but if he is fit, playing every week for West Brom I don't see why he shouldn't bet getting starts for Scotland, if only for his experience.

The actual team that will be selected will most likely see new Love Child Matt Ritchie In the 11 and OAP Greer as well

If you are basing Mulgrew on the Ireland game, then he played in midfield and not defence. Just sayin'.

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Robertson

D Fletcher

Brown

Morrison

Naismith

Maloney

Fletcher

I'd be stunned if Anya doesn't start.

If we don't win this then we won't be qualifying automatically and will be struggling for a playoff place.

A defeat won't automatically do that, but not too far away. It would mean we'd need to beat Germany, Poland and Gibraltar, and then hope that Poland beat Germany. That would put us through in 2nd.

If we lose against Georgia, and then against Germany, we can still finish 3rd on head to head with just a point against Poland and a win in Portugal. Providing Poland beat Ireland in Dublin on final day.

But you're not wrong - if we don't win, we probably don't deserve to qualify, and probably won't as it goes out of our hands.

Cant see anything other than a fairly comfortable 2 - 0 win.

More concerned with the Germany v Poland game. I can see the Poles stealing a point here which will put real pressure on the Gemans to get a result on Monday night.

We are all German after full time on Friday night. Or at least we should be. A draw would really not suit us, and a Poland win would be nightmarish unless we can somehow get something against Germany. However, having Germany face their biggest test before they travel to us is as good a preparation as we could hope for short of us playing Gibraltar at home on Friday. After all, if Germany lose, there's every chance that they're a couple of dropped points on Monday away from staring down 3rd position and a play-off.

A defeat won't automatically do that, but not too far away. It would mean we'd need to beat Germany, Poland and Gibraltar, and then hope that Poland beat Germany. That would put us through in 2nd.

If we lose against Georgia, and then against Germany, we can still finish 3rd on head to head with just a point against Poland and a win in Portugal. Providing Poland beat Ireland in Dublin on final day.

But you're not wrong - if we don't win, we probably don't deserve to qualify, and probably won't as it goes out of our hands.

We are all German after full time on Friday night. Or at least we should be. A draw would really not suit us, and a Poland win would be nightmarish unless we can somehow get something against Germany. However, having Germany face their biggest test before they travel to us is as good a preparation as we could hope for short of us playing Gibraltar at home on Friday. After all, if Germany lose, there's every chance that they're a couple of dropped points on Monday away from staring down 3rd position and a play-off.

That Poland V Ireland game is in Warsaw not Dublin !! It was 1-1 in Dublin

I wouldn't let Forsyth near the Scotland team again after the weakness he showed in Dublin!

I would go 4-4-1-1 on Friday

MARSHALL HUTTON ROBERTSON MARTIN HANLEY MALONEY D.FLETCHER BROWN S.FLETCHER NAISMITH ANYA

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Robertson

D Fletcher

Brown

Morrison

Naismith

Maloney

Fletcher

No Anya, criminal!

Archived