Georgia v Scotland - Fri 4th September

callum-ayr

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite my personal annoyance that out of form/lack of playing time players are favoured this will be the team I would select for Friday:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Mulgrew - Based on Ireland Game

Robertson

D Fletcher

Brown

Morrison

Naismith

Maloney

Fletcher

For some reason fans hate Darren Fletcher these days but if he is fit, playing every week for West Brom I don't see why he shouldn't bet getting starts for Scotland, if only for his experience.

The actual team that will be selected will most likely see new Love Child Matt Ritchie In the 11 and OAP Greer as well

This team but with Anya in for Morrison or Fletcher. Both of them seem to be playing alongside Brown for Scotland and nae chance he'll be dropped.

With Griffiths, Armstrong and Ritchie on the bench we will actually have seem decent options should we be struggling to get a goal. Win this and regardless of the results against Poland and Germany we should at least make the play offs unless ROI pull a miracle out the bag.

A must, especially away from home

Yep!

Was reading an interview with McGee there, more or less hinted that Fletcher will be starting up top, I would have liked to see Griffiths starting this game but totally happy with Fletch as well. He may not score a lot of goals but his overall play is decent up there on his own.

If Mulgrew gets the nod over another person in his third different position :D

Worse than absolutely everyone he's replaced as well. The team is fairly easy to pick:

Marshall; Hutton, Martin, Hanley, Robertson; Brown, Morrison; Maloney, Naismith, Anya; Fletcher

If Mulgrew gets the nod over another person in his third different position :D

Worse than absolutely everyone he's replaced as well. The team is fairly easy to pick:

Marshall; Hutton, Martin, Hanley, Robertson; Brown, Morrison; Maloney, Naismith, Anya; Fletcher

Mulgrew was the best player on the pitch as holding midfielder in home game v ROI. He was due to start at LB in that game but was a late change to holding mid because Morrison was ill. Also excellent at centre back in Dublin. I`ve never been his biggest fan but he was excellent in these 2 crucial games and if fit I fully expect he will start again.

I wish tomorrow was Friday. I have no insight to team selection etc but I hate the suspense.

Wee note to the blokes going to Tbilisi: We keyboard warriors admire you.

Spot on.

I`m going to miss the first half as I`m flying back from Manchester. Already shitting it at the prosepct of finding out how we are doing once phone switched back on. :lol:

Going to Hampden on Monday, can`t wait for that but so dependant on how things go in Georgia.

I wish tomorrow was Friday. I have no insight to team selection etc but I hate the suspense.

Wee note to the blokes going to Tbilisi: We keyboard warriors admire you.

No need, I'm just going for the Khachapuri breakfasts:

260px-Adjarian_Khachapuri_%284%29.jpg

(Cheesy fresh baked bread with a fried egg on top)

Archived