The Scottish Cup Holders v Ross County

The Real Saints

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrendous second half, yet again. Bailed out by the ref after Millers handball in the final minutes.

Officials were dreadful, Wotherspoon slipping with nobody near him and gettig the free kick was the highlight.

Have to question the manager again. Half time team talk turns us into shite and them some baffling subs and tactic changes destory any attacking intent.

Horrendous second half, yet again. Bailed out by the ref after Millers handball in the final minutes.

Officials were dreadful, Wotherspoon slipping with nobody near him and gettig the free kick was the highlight.

Have to question the manager again. Half time team talk turns us into shite and them some baffling subs and tactic changes destory any attacking intent.

You mean the subs that made our midfield stronger and created three clear chances after the changes were made?

You mean the subs that made our midfield stronger and created three clear chances after the changes were made?

Yeah, the subs that forced us to sit deeper and allowed County all the time in the world to build attacks. We resorted to long punts and praying somebody could get within 15 yards of Graham in the second half, as we decided to take off our only two attacking threats

Yeah, the subs that forced us to sit deeper and allowed County all the time in the world to build attacks. We resorted to long punts and praying somebody could get within 15 yards of Graham in the second half, as we decided to take off our only two attacking threats

Do you now consider McFadden an actual attacking threat?

I do agree with you Random, in that the substitutions did remove our two main attacking threats and caused us to sit very deep. However, I think the removal of O'Halloran was forced as he looked to have picked up a knock. He was hobbling about almost as soon as the second half kicked off. I presume TW felt McFadden had tired a bit and lost his influence on the game. He did pick up a knock last week too so maybe a full game was beyond him and they knew that going into the game. So I wouldn't blame Tommy Wright as such though it does highlight what we all know. We have issues up front that really need to be addressed in January.

First half was more like what I expect to see from Saints. We really should have blown County away. We played some excellent stuff and created some good chances. McFadden's goal was special and he was involved in everything good that we did. He has been a good signing. O'Halloran is also coming into some excellent form and adding goals to his game, finally! Second half was less good with the aforementioned changes losing the out ball and causing us to sit far too deep. We defended quite well though and I don't think anyone had a bad game.

It was imperative we didn't fall at the first hurdle. This is our cup, we have to defend it. I would've been so disappointed to see us go out in the first round (our first round anyway!).

Do you now consider McFadden an actual attacking threat?

Ive never said i didnt. Only point ice ever made is that he puts too much pressure on those around him when we're on the back foot and he tires too quickly

We need to start games on the front foot. 2-0 away 2 weeks in a row is a big ask to come back from.

Not to disappointed not to equalise, as we need to focus on picking up league points.

A replay wouldn't have been good.

Tony Dingwall also brightens up my night....he looks to have what it takes to do very well at this level.

1st goal will be interesting to see on TV

I'm with you on this one, correct changes made at the correct times. If every chance that should have been scored had been. It would have probably finished 10-5, it was just a cracking cup game.

Congrats to John Beaton for outdoing Steven Maclean for the worst performance over the 2 weeks.

It's Miller and it was never a deliberate hand ball.

As panel said hand was in an unnatural position.

Just hard to accept all 3 decisions, but a reply is probably the last thing we need. Not an issue for St Johnstone as they are safe in the Premiership, but have little chance of doing anything brilliant in the league.

Archived