Are Hearts the most envied club in Scottish football?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take your record and position in the league this year and how you've managed to steer your way out of financial difficulty but it ends there. Used to enjoy visits to Tynecastle for many years, but the Jambos are just as bitter as the rest these days. Almost on a par with Aberdeen.

Bitter ?? Nah ,.Theres a huge amount of scottish football fans who are just sick of you "people" singing about Bobby Sands, rule brittania etc , wise up !!! theres also a huge amount of fans dont think its right that your club/company is being pillaged by spivs.. But ,the "Win at all costs" mentallity since your first share issue in Div3 has won you f**k all pals... A loan to keep the lights on or a warchest >>>> bitter ha ha

Not necessarily, some good tight games down the years, always a good atmosphere with a full house and generally got on well with the home fans before and after the game, win lose or draw. Times have changed that's all.

Times have changed: the past three years have lost your club any respect from fans of other clubs.

Hearts fans generally now hate Rangers and are very happy that they are the ones who are getting to put Rangers in their place. I'm sure Hibs and QOTS will enjoy hammering that home when it comes to playoff time, too.

That's all well and good, but absolutely no-one cares about hick teams like TNS and the utter obscurity of the Welsh Premier League. 8)

where as the whole of britain are totally fixated with the Scottish championship.

The scottish premiership is a laughing stock and an insignificance in england. Doubt many have even heard of the championship.

Really? I like the Scottish game to be well received - as I think the entertainment is sometimes fantastic. I enjoy it when the live matches that are broadcast are of high entertainment and hope it converts a few ' on believers'.

I would far rather watch any live SPL (or current equivalent) than 90% of EPL games. The leagues gets a harder time than they deserve - normally by those involved in it. Strange bunch.

I didn't use the word quality though, I said entertainment. Three games I've watched live recently (off the top of my head) Ross C - Dundee United, Qots - Rangers and Aberdeen - Dundee were all fantastic. Can't think of many better games I've watched this season.

where as the whole of britain are totally fixated with the Scottish championship.

The scottish premiership is a laughing stock and an insignificance in england. Doubt many have even heard of the championship.

Correction: EPL armchair fanboys think it's a "laughing stock".

The majority of real supporters who actually go to games, especially in the lower leagues, won't.

• 3 months later...

Well that's Hearts announced we will be wearing the Save the Children logo on our shirts next season and donating half of a seven figure sum to them.

We really are an outstanding club in every way.

I wouldn't blame anyone if they switched teams and started following us tbh.

Well that's Hearts announced we will be wearing the Save the Children logo on our shirts next season and donating half of a seven figure sum to them.

We really are an outstanding club in every way.

I wouldn't blame anyone if they switched teams and started following us tbh.

Good news.

We're now the most PC club in Scotland. The Sevconians will hate us more than ever. Hopefully.

This is excellent and we need more of this in football.

Good news.

We're now the most PC club in Scotland. The Sevconians will hate us more than ever. Hopefully.

Sadly you haven't the haw maws to be yourselves but constantly refer to us. No problem. Every other team does the same.

This is excellent and we need more of this in football.

Sadly you haven't the haw maws to be yourselves but constantly refer to us. No problem. Every other team does the same.

It's true. We are still a bit insecure.

But secure in the knowledge that we will be in the top league next season.

Nice.

Considering that somewhere down the line of patrilineage, most of the Rangers fans I know were attracted to the team on pure glory-hunting merit.....can we expect a significant surge of allegiance from the blue to the maroon? It's hard to see this new Rangers club becoming bigger than Hearts in the foreseeable future.

What a change in the club over the last year.

The game against St Mirren which could have been our last.

BDO getting us through administration. Fans actually backing the club in various ways from season tickets to the FoH to buying merchandise etc.

Running away with the league and winning it leaving Hibs and Rangers miles behind.

The club paying the living wage rather than the minimum wage.

To the new sponsor........what's not to love?

• 1 year later...

Archived