Jim Weir - the new manager of Elgin City!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montrose - aided with a better budget than any Montrose side of recent years (remember they took 3 of our best players during the close season) - failed to get past the playoff semi's and got the bullet in the following season.

Arbroath - inherited a struggling team and there was barely any improvement despite attracting some very decent players on loan - Relegated.

Brechin - Took a club that regularly challenged for promotion to a playoff and was then binned when they were in danger of going down the following season.

Add that to the fact he's not even a decent human being and you have a shocker of an appointment.

Bit of an understatement, club was a wreck, we were down long before Weir arrived

cant believe you still have the "seethe", get over it, it is pitiful

beat by a very good stranraer team i must add!

A Stranraer team that an awful Arbroath team beat in the final?

Who remembers the cloggers we had in that team? Haha

Arbroath: Hill, Rennie, Black, Raeside, Bishop, Tully, Lunan, Campball (Rattray 90), Brazil (Reilly 53), Sellars, Watson (McMullan 64). Subs Not Used: McBride, Morrison.

Rennie/Raeside/Tully/Campbell/Watson in the team that beat Stranraer FFS :lol:

Scott McBride on the bench I see.

Bit of an understatement, club was a wreck, we were down long before Weir arrived

cant believe you still have the "seethe", get over it, it is pitiful

Weir took over after 13 games and we had 11 points. He had plenty of time to turn it around.

McGlashan himself recovered from a significantly worse start the season before.

A Stranraer team that an awful Arbroath team beat in the final?

Who remembers the cloggers we had in that team? Haha

Arbroath: Hill, Rennie, Black, Raeside, Bishop, Tully, Lunan, Campball (Rattray 90), Brazil (Reilly 53), Sellars, Watson (McMullan 64). Subs Not Used: McBride, Morrison.

Rennie/Raeside/Tully/Campbell/Watson in the team that beat Stranraer FFS :lol:

Scott McBride on the bench I see.

Lunan as well. He was piss poor. Andy Reilly was also shit

Made some decent signings for us ! Gave us some decent cup games v Dundee and Motherwell and took us too Scots Cup quarters replay plus a play off final but fell away something hellish Nxt season . It was time to go as we were stinking come the end. Prob due to the fact Rory Mac had left for Peterhead?.. He may do a job though !

How's he worked that one out? :lol:

Because it winds up complete mutants like yourselves? Arbroath have a long history of getting dragged into mental battles they simply don't have the strength to win. Don't make me recite the famous xbl story as you sensationally bottled the 2006/2007 championship.

Archived